Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again.

Columnist Brian Dickerson, in yesterday’s edition of the Detroit Free Press, is the latest to call for motorcyclists to be de-facto organ donors. What’s worse, he suggests that injured motorcyclists not be given medical treatment at all.

In writing about the pending repeal of Michigan’s mandatory helmet law, Dickerson says, “If only lawmakers had thought to add a requirement that all helmet-less cyclists agree to donate their organs. And why not require donorcyclists to sign papers declining extraordinary lifesaving measures, so that deserving organ recipients aren't kept waiting unnecessarily?”

Dickerson doesn’t stop there. He lumps motorcyclists in with “champions of the right to die,” including shameless and insulting references to Jack Kevorkian and Terri Schiavo.

We’ve seen this sort of hysterical, uninformed opinion before, of course. Last September, Chicago Sun-Times columnist Neil Steinberg characterized riders as organ donors in a column headlined "Hop on a motorcycle, fill out your donor card” -- and your e-mails to Mr. Steinberg prompted him to admit in a later column that he wrote without knowing the facts. Earlier, the AMA joined motorcyclists nationwide in defeating actual legislative proposals in New Mexico and California that would’ve required motorcyclists to be organ donors.

But by suggesting that injured motorcyclists be left to die, Dickerson has set an all-time low -- and the AMA has told him so. If you’d like to let him know how you feel, you can reach him at [email protected]. :2hard

Well you guy's I emailed this total asshole and let him know exactly what I thought of him! You know alot of bad shit happens to motorcyclist out on the highway that IS NOT OUR FAULT!!!!! Helmet law or not.....this is bullshit!!!! I am so raged at this dude, I mean I have two kid's and a husband if I was left for dead because some cager hit me It would be devistating to everyone in my family....can you even imagine someone thinking this way?????????WTF WTF WTF !!!!! :headshake

·
Registered
367 Posts
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY, I AM ALITTLE MIXED UP ABOUT THIS ONE . LET ME SEE, FIRST WHAT HE SAID IS JUST PLAIN STUPID, THIS IS THE LAND OF THE FREE, WE SHOULD BEABLE TO RIDE WITH OUT HELMITS IF WE LIKE, JUST LIKE WE SOULD BE ABLE TO DRIVE A CAR WITH NO SEAT BELT (OUR CHOICE). IF WE WISH TO BE ORGON DONERS WE WILL FILL OUT OUR CARDS WITH OUT PERSWATION, AND IF I WAS EVER DENIED MEDICAL HELP MY FAMILY WOULD OWN THE HOSPITAL. AND YES WE CAN GET CRAZY ON THE OUR BIKES BUT MOST OF THE TIME IT IS NOT OUR FAULT THAT WE GO DOWN.

ANY HOW IF HE NEW ANYONE WITH AN ORGON TRANSPLANT HE MAY FEAL DIFF.

CALEB MY SON HE HAD A LIVER TRANSPLANT AND WELL THAT IS BASICLY HOW HE GOT HIS CANCER AND NOW PASSED A WAY, THERE IS A LOT TO BEING TRANSPLANTED AND IT NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU THINK. HONESTLY I WOULD NEVER WANT ONE I WOULD RATHER PASS. BUT THAT IS HOW I FEAL FROM HAVE BEEN THEIR YOU KNOW ANY HOW I AM A LITTLE ERCED THAT HE WOUDL SAY THINGS LIKE THAT AND THE HOLE PART A BOUT MAKEING IT MANDITORY THAT WOULD START A REVALUTION , THEY TAKE OUR FREEDOM A WAY MORE AND MORE EVERY YR WITH NEW LAWS ON WHAT EVER OR THEY JUST START CHARGEING US FOR IT . IN ANY ASPECT THIS NATION IS DOWN DOWN THE DRAIN WITH THE PEOPLE WE HAVE LEADING IT AND IF WE DO NOT STAND UP AS A HOLE NATION AND TELL THEM TO GET FUCKED WE WILL END UP PAYING 5 DOLLARS FOR GAS AND HAVE TO PUT TRAINING WHEELS ON OUR BIKES.

OR THE GOVERNMENT WILL JUST START REGULATING THE SPEEDS ON CARS OR PUTTING COMPUTER KILL SWITCHES OR SOMETHING , WE WILL ALL BE LINKED WITH BAR CODES ON OUR NECK , ANY HOW ITS SUCK SO FUCK THEM! :thefinger

·
Registered
320 Posts
I emailed the scum. He is trash and should be drug out in the street and shot.

·
Banned
567 Posts
How about this, if a car hits a MotorCyclist it is concidered using a gun/act of violence as well as a hate crime. Cause of how most Bikers are hit by car drivers usually intentionally.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
bigjimbo said:
If i remember correctly aproximatly 80% of motorcycle accidents are not due to RIDER error.
your are correct on that. The statistic goes, 80% of accidents involving a car and a motorcycle are the car drivers fault.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
ok, 80% of car vs rider is car fault, but i do believe more than 50% of motorcycle accidents is due to rider error.

Anyways, why do fucking people hate motorcycles so much? It seriously blows my mind. People on the street don't respect at all. Like yesterday going home, i'm making a right onto the street, i'm doing about 32 making a right and i'm on the left portion of the lane, as i'm leaning in a car comes up on my ride side making a right also. I was like, wtf??? I think i'm going to start smashing mirrors or pull some fuckers outta a car at a light and beat them down.

·
Registered
320 Posts
What about dirt riders? Should they be denied treatment too? I don't even want to thing about this loser.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Im already an organ donor. =)

- Jared -

·
Registered
15 Posts
yet another reason to wear a helmet...not only to save your head...but makes for a great object to throw through the windsheilds of the assholes that fuck with bikers!!!!! Fuck every one of those assholes in their cars that think they are better than us just cuz we are on two wheels :2hard

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's another reason I like to carry the pocket rocks......Some asshole almost run you off the road.....get in front of him at speed and toss a few rocks over the shoulder. Maybe next time he will look before he runs over someone......oh and enjoy the new windshield :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i gotta devise a weapon holster type thing like the guy on r6messagenet....he has a forearm holster he stitched into his jacket and it holds 5 bolts that he can pull out and chuck at any given time

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
ok, 80% of car vs rider is car fault, but i do believe more than 50% of motorcycle accidents is due to rider error.

Anyways, why do fucking people hate motorcycles so much? It seriously blows my mind. People on the street don't respect at all. Like yesterday going home, i'm making a right onto the street, i'm doing about 32 making a right and i'm on the left portion of the lane, as i'm leaning in a car comes up on my ride side making a right also. I was like, wtf??? I think i'm going to start smashing mirrors or pull some fuckers outta a car at a light and beat them down.

That's that my carbon fiber knuckle gloves are for... I had some fucken canuk from canada (had ontario plates) swerve his car towards be while I was spliting lanes up the fwy.. And I know he did that shit on purpose cause he thought that shit was funny..... Yeah well everyone around thought it was funny with I kicked his head light out flipped him off and left him stopped in la rush hour traffic I swear if I ever see dude again I'm snatching him out of his car (fwy I was not in the carpool lane but in the fat left lane next to car pool when this happened and that bitch was in carpool alone)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Lyte- said:
That's that my carbon fiber knuckle gloves are for... I had some fucken canuk from canada (had ontario plates) swerve his car towards be while I was spliting lanes up the fwy.. And I know he did that shit on purpose cause he thought that shit was funny..... Yeah well everyone around thought it was funny with I kicked his head light out flipped him off and left him stopped in la rush hour traffic I swear if I ever see dude again I'm snatching him out of his car (fwy I was not in the carpool lane but in the fat left lane next to car pool when this happened and that bitch was in carpool alone)
Good work. Cagers are dicks. :2hard

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
GixxerSteph said:
Doesn't matter what city or state or province the driver is from, most cagers are the same when it comes to bikes....
tks man!!! us Canucks stand together!!! lol its not where the driver is from cause everycity has their fare share of brutal drvers!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.