Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was on a back road practicing my clutch up wheelies in first today (im a beginner at them) and this happend to me 2 seprate times, and I thought this was very weird. Im doing about 30 and clutch it up and it feels like the back tirekinda breaks lose and kinda get a few quick wobbles. What the hell is this it scared the shit out of me lol, any fixes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
it probably is breaking loose on you. Warm up the tires first. Be smooth with throttle and clutch. Even though you are supposed to dump the clutch you should do it with some kind of fines. Good luck and honestly it might not even be worth it for a wrecked bike, unless that is your sole purpose on riding.

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
Yeah, check tire pressure. May be too high. Then use 2nd if you wanna clutch up not first. You can power wheelie in first.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, check tire pressure. May be too high. Then use 2nd if you wanna clutch up not first. You can

1st just fells compfortable for now, im taking baby step not trying loop it. I dont know how I feel about clutch ups in second, I have tried them, I just seem to have better luck in 1st, second seem to be a little faster then I want to be doing a wheelie now. What are you guys running for rear tire pressure. Im running a 200 in the rear.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, It needs a few things that im anal about. The front plastic has one small crack, its missing 1 fairing bolt and a few of the plastic clips, Im trying to collect :0001136745-wait:

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
If you are running a 200 tire on that, the tire is actually going to be squeezed tall as the wheel isnt really wide enough for it. What tire is it as well. I would suggest dropping pressure depending on the tire to around 32-34 psi to give you a little more contact patch. Also I can relate to the fear of speed on a wheelie while learning but in all honesty its harder to loop in second than first. You have to have more finesse in first as the throttle will be more responsive due to the low gearing. Also why clutch up in first unless you are going very slowly while you start the wheelie? 1st gear power wheelies are super easy to do and you are then factoring out one of the variables, the clutch. Be careful, wear all of your gear and remember, yut ugh!

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are running a 200 tire on that, the tire is actually going to be squeezed tall as the wheel isnt really wide enough for it. What tire is it as well. I would suggest dropping pressure depending on the tire to around 32-34 psi to give you a little more contact patch. Also I can relate to the fear of speed on a wheelie while learning but in all honesty its harder to loop in second than first. You have to have more finesse in first as the throttle will be more responsive due to the low gearing. Also why clutch up in first unless you are going very slowly while you start the wheelie? 1st gear power wheelies are super easy to do and you are then factoring out one of the variables, the clutch. Be careful, wear all of your gear and remember, yut ugh!

They are Shinko tires, and they guy before me put brand new ones on 2 days before I bought It, So I havnt changed them yet.

I just been trying a few different techniques, power and clutch ups in 1st and clutch ups in second. It was just only seeming to break loose or wobble
when clutched up in 1st

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
Granted the speed is usually a lil higher when doing them in 2nd gear, but its A LOT less jerky. Your way more likely to loop it and get wobbly in first clutching then in 2nd.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Granted the speed is usually a lil higher when doing them in 2nd gear, but its A LOT less jerky. Your way more likely to loop it and get wobbly in first clutching then in 2nd.
+1 first gear can be deadly if you don't know what your doing. Especially if you are trying to do power ups cause your so high in the rpm once you get it up you run out really quick and come down hard on your shocks. Bam blown shocks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
Your tire sure as hell isn't breaking loose, if it was you'd be selling parts. More than likely your probably getting close to BP and your shifting your weight and you don't know how to control it yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts