Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, started bike, walked away and crunch.. Bike tipped over on me.
i have a 2005 yellow gixxer 600.

I was looking at the prices of OEM parts. Some of them seem rediculous in price.

The things that go damaged are

* left mirror - scratched
* crank case cover - scratched
* shift lever - broken
* clutch lever - broken
* rear cowling behind seat - broken

So, I'm wondering, are aftermarket parts good? I suppose that depends on who you buy from. Which, I have no idea who is has good aftermarket parts.

Also, the rear cowling behind the seat... Are there good aftermarket suppliers of that part?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm a firm believer in if you have to replace something, upgrade that usually means aftermarket, those pieces alot of times are cheaper and offer more performance. Check ronayers.com for any oem parts such as body work

·
Registered
555 Posts
with the cover and levers I would go aftermarket since there going to run about the same anyway. Pazzo, and ASV make really nice levers, and woodcraft makes a cover that has a built in slider on it that you can pick what ever color you want. If this would happen again and the slider gets messed up all you have to do is take the cover off and unbolt the slider from the inside and get a new one for around $20. These guys have some really nice stuff they offer www.sportbiketrackgear.com

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
^^^ i agree with above... aftermarket on most. i like o.e.m clutch and things like that but on body you should be fine with A/M. But if you go real cheap you will get shyt.. e bay or craigs is ur best friend in these cases:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.