·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Rains ended for a bit and doing motard stuff after work yesterday. :grin

03.jpg

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
There's a group in town, that have rides and now are doing Taco Tuesday rides.
I went on the ride this last Tuesday- probably for the last time.
No one went down, etc, but just not into some of it.

Like When we took the hwy back to town and stopped at a stoplight going back into to downtown from Lake Pewaukee. This guy on a Yellow/white R6, wearing his t shirt, no helmet, and a clear pair of safety glasses looks at me and kept saying over and over; 'man, I can't see anything!'
I just nodded with my helmet on, visor down and thought, gee, I wonder why?

Or the guy with the clapped out ss1000rr, that asked me how fast I've had my Gixxer up to. I told him, and he asked me what the rpm's were. I told him not quite redlining, and he says; 'Oh I like to keep the rpms really low' and I'm thinking 'you have an s1000rr, and you've probably never even had it anywhere near the powerband' Probably a good thing for him however.

Or when apparently, a few of them got up to 88mph on the hwy- and they actually thought that was fast.
Or when one guy showed up at the dinner place in Pewaukee, and was saying how powerful his stock Grom was. Only he was serious.

Chicken strips? Nearly all of them had squared off tires from rarely leaning, and doing burnouts and skids on the middle of the tire.

I'm nothing, but I'm still not into some of the mindsets of this group.
I'll stick to my common twisty roads, and plan to do a few track days this season.

Ride on, be safe- I'll stay out of the farm fields from now on too.

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Those types of rides are for a different purpose, usually the camaraderie and hopefully the good food.

I usually ride my DR650 when I go with groups I don't know or know that they will be slow. It's all good as long as you don't expect a sporty ride.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I've just been bored watching it rain. Polished up my Harley, put the new chain kit and tires on the trackbike (see the vid below), and mounted the laptimer I got from SV racing parts. I've never used a laptimer and the last thing I want to do is have to f-with it every time I take off the bellypan. So I've got it stuck to the frame slider for now. Seems like a flimsy mount, so I might do something different. And in changing the tires, I discovered Bull Snot. They should sell this stuff in a can with a brush like PVC glue. I had it all over the place trying to keep the tube upright.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
#11 Winner Winner Steak and Beer dinner

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
The rain has been a bitch! Every time I check the forecast this week says rain, I work, look forward to ride after about time work is done here comes the rain. The news said we had over 4 inches this week alone. More tonite expected atleast a 1/4-1/2 inch. I will ride if it’s a little rain out but we been having tropical like storms down poors and high winds. Sunday I took about a 2hr ride and hour and some change into it I was on the highway it down poised so hard I could not see the car in front of me I pulled over. It’s bright and sunny this second weather app says about hour hour half rain, I need a shower so I won’t get to ride today. Tomorow I think I got off but can you guess wat the forecast is calling for? Lol . I can’t wait for Saturday so far it looks clear.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Talking about Sunday reminded me of a thought/question I have. On my helmet my wind shield is mirror tinted , I was thinkinking of coating it with rain x I’m not sure if it would harm it. What do you use if anything to repel the rain from your helmet?

·
SuperMod of the North
25,204 Posts
IBTL

Rains ended for a bit and doing motard stuff after work yesterday. :grin

View attachment 287751
I want a Motard so bad. Still bikeless and the dream of an 1986 GSXR1100 isn't materializing. Plan B was to cafe a 70's GS or CB...but the hipsters already did that. Plan C is now to build a motard. I think a mid 70's CanAm 250 would be a blast. Not sure about the top speed though, gearing might be an issue. Budget is only $1000 so what ever it is it will likely come into the garage in baskets.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Damn close to the great white north Eh?. It was 14C this morning. What's good down under Sir?

Life’s always good. Had a health scare early this year but on the mend, and am in between bikes myself at the moment.

What’s new in the frozen north?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SuperMod of the North
25,204 Posts
Sorry to hear man best wishes for a swift recovery. All good up here. Summer is LATE. We are a full month behind in temperature so bumming about that...wanna hang out in the pool and drink beer as a proper Canadian summer should be. Starting our third summer in this house the yard is getting closer to finished and was looking forward to doing SFA this year.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Sorry to hear man best wishes for a swift recovery. All good up here. Summer is LATE. We are a full month behind in temperature so bumming about that...wanna hang out in the pool and drink beer as a proper Canadian summer should be. Starting our third summer in this house the yard is getting closer to finished and was looking forward to doing SFA this year.
I'll trade your temps for mine UGH

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
SuperMod of the North
25,204 Posts
No thanks Fu. Canadians melt at 90F...not cool, maple syrup, bacon and beer are messy to mop up. Appreciate the offer though. How was your day my good man?

1 - 20 of 2314 Posts