Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
It took them almost three weeks, but I got the job. My first interview was early November. Crazy how slow things go.....

Congratulations! Three weeks is quick. The company I used to work for could take 4 months from first interview to hiring. Funny several wanted candidates were no longer available when the offers were made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
This is a 75% travel position, which I've never done before. It's going to seriously cut into my motorcycle time during the week. It's salary plus overtime. Time on the road counts and they're providing me with a company car (something like a Chevy Equinox). It's a really good compensation package. What concerns me most is trackdays. Typically I'd take a Friday or Monday off so I could have prep/recovery time. If I'm gone that much, it might not allow me to do trackdays. But, we'll see. Good thing is that the training I'll have to go to California for will be during February when there's no riding around here anyway!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Been to Cali it's not all what's it cracked up to be. Don't believe all the HYPE!!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
This is a 75% travel position, which I've never done before. It's going to seriously cut into my motorcycle time during the week. It's salary plus overtime. Time on the road counts and they're providing me with a company car (something like a Chevy Equinox). It's a really good compensation package. What concerns me most is trackdays. Typically I'd take a Friday or Monday off so I could have prep/recovery time. If I'm gone that much, it might not allow me to do trackdays. But, we'll see. Good thing is that the training I'll have to go to California for will be during February when there's no riding around here anyway!

You’ll have to arrange your travel to tie in with track days near where you’ll be working. ;-)

You’ve got a great months before track season to “train” your new manager.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I assume So-Cal? If so, that will be warm and cozy. Bay area could be pretty miserable, but warmer than Indy I suppose...

·
24,500 Posts
It took them almost three weeks, but I got the job. My first interview was early November. Crazy how slow things go.....
Great news! Congratulations Sir. California is great, I went to San Fran for training about the same time of year and it was awesome.

I seem to remember one of you guys was in insurance. Tiger maybe? Could who ever it was PM me? I want to pick your brain about commercial property insurance.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I assume So-Cal? If so, that will be warm and cozy. Bay area could be pretty miserable, but warmer than Indy I suppose...
San Jose area.

You’ll have to arrange your travel to tie in with track days near where you’ll be working. ;-)

You’ve got a great months before track season to “train” your new manager.
It's mostly project work, so they really want you to take a week off at a time. A Friday or Monday here and there is going to be problematic for everyone. Although I don't really like it, it was a sacrifice I was willing to make for the big picture.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
San Jose area.

It's mostly project work, so they really want you to take a week off at a time. A Friday or Monday here and there is going to be problematic for everyone. Although I don't really like it, it was a sacrifice I was willing to make for the big picture.

Plan A:
Is it the kind of project work where you could potentially put extra hours in the rest of the week to get those days off?

Plan B:
Chuckster starts to feel sick on a Wednesday, struggles thru Thursday and just can’t get out of bed Friday....

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Plan A:
Is it the kind of project work where you could potentially put extra hours in the rest of the week to get those days off?

Plan B:
Chuckster starts to feel sick on a Wednesday, struggles thru Thursday and just can’t get out of bed Friday....

I like plan B

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Problem with plan B is that I'd be sick and bed in a hotel and a still wouldn't catch the flight until later. I'll just have to feel this all out.

·
24,500 Posts
San Jose was where I was. Loved it. Close to San Francisco and easy access to hwy 1. If you have a rental car definitely spend some time there. Sadly, the troglodyte I was forced to travel with could not comprehend the significance of Haight-Ashbury and I did not get to explore there much. I am guessing you are too young to have it mean much to you but it pissed me off at the time.

In other news...Canada is getting blind drunk right now after news the drummer of Rush, Neil Peart passed away after a 3 1/2 year battle with brain cancer. Please join me in a serious hang over. If you have a favourite Rush song throw it into the "What are you listening to thread" for me. Beer or whiskey is appropriate in this instance. Dis-regard further posts from my log in...it is going to get messy tonight. As always, volume should be 11. Thank you for your support in this difficult time.

1081 - 1100 of 1132 Posts