1301 - 1313 of 1313 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The last week of snow. Flat area about 11”

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Mornin! The new job is keeping me busy. Was home this week and next week the customer is just a 30 minute commute. Already have trips scheduled to GA, CA, and Germany. My manager is more than happy to work with me on my trackday schedule. The plan is for me to be home every Friday, but some flexibility with that. From an IT perspective, it's a huge jump backwards. But, there's a lot of opportunity with this new gig, so time will tell.

Yesterday just highlights how good they're treating me. My manager asked me about my home office setup and I told him I really didn't have one. Gave me a dollar amount and said "go get some furniture". So I went to Office Depot got an adjustable height desk and chair. I got nice stuff and came in half of his dollar amount. Expensed it all. Then went on our "company store" and ordered a docking station, monitor, memory upgrade for the laptop they gave me and an external drive for storing the system isos. All that will be here Monday. Then I was told, "if you need anything else, just get it".

·
24,608 Posts
Mornin! The new job is keeping me busy. Was home this week and next week the customer is just a 30 minute commute. Already have trips scheduled to GA, CA, and Germany. My manager is more than happy to work with me on my trackday schedule. The plan is for me to be home every Friday, but some flexibility with that. From an IT perspective, it's a huge jump backwards. But, there's a lot of opportunity with this new gig, so time will tell.

Yesterday just highlights how good they're treating me. My manager asked me about my home office setup and I told him I really didn't have one. Gave me a dollar amount and said "go get some furniture". So I went to Office Depot got an adjustable height desk and chair. I got nice stuff and came in half of his dollar amount. Expensed it all. Then went on our "company store" and ordered a docking station, monitor, memory upgrade for the laptop they gave me and an external drive for storing the system isos. All that will be here Monday. Then I was told, "if you need anything else, just get it".
Sounds great Chuck. Sometimes just having a good boss makes the gig worthwhile.

·
Registered
497 Posts

Sounds like a great start. They hiring? What exactly do they have you doing?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Training for now. I'll be traveling the midwest mostly. Installing/configuring lab information systems for Agilent. It's a lot of software install and planning for lab implementations and upgrades.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sounds like a great gig. Lemme know if you hear they are hiring. That would be right up my alley, and a good move for me.

·
Premium Member
8,198 Posts
President's Day was not just for Presidents. Sunny and upper 50s so a group of us rode about 175 miles of back roads in the mountains. This was one of the few straighter parts.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I bought my new to me 2016 GMC Sierra on Saturday. So far so good! Averaged about 20 MPG on the way home.
That's better than my F-150 with it's 5.0. The truck's computer says I get 16 but it lies. Calculating the mileage off the odometer & fuel receipts says it's closer to 13 and I don't even hot-rod it (well, not often anyway lol).

1301 - 1313 of 1313 Posts