Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1743 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Mornin' peeps,

Here it's one of those wet drizzly days that the clouds start at the top of the grass and you can barely see the tops of the trees. It's off to work I go, stay safe, healthy & ride much.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
I've been thinking about you Fu, talk about bad timing.
There's still a lot of traffic going by daily so I'm trying to stay positive and I WILL make it thru all of this

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
MoRin Fam it's raining here again today ? one of my roads out was under 1.5 ft of water Saturday but thankfully all the roads around here intersect so found another route to the BBQ View attachment 293247
I don't think I'd be going through that at 30 mph.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
There's still a lot of traffic going by daily so I'm trying to stay positive and I WILL make it thru all of this
I closed on an aviation property the month before 9/11 and was effectively shut down for months. I compare my timing to Larry Silverstein who closed on the lease for the WTC complex the month before me. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Looks like a great place. Better now that you're there I'm sure.
When I'm there next, I'll certainly be giving you some business!
Stay healthy, stay safe

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
How’s everyone coping with the current crisis?
So far only a couple of cases in my local area.

The Governor of NC closed all dine in restaurants and bars last week and now closed all gym, barber shops and hair salons. Basically the whole of Graham County sealed themselves off.

Oh, and all track days are canceled.

Otherwise, no craziness in my area.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My province is closing all non essentials as of Wednesday. Lots of new cases & things are growing. I told my boss I'm taking time off. I have a little one at home. I was playing with her this weekend & I started to worry about bringing something to hurt.

Just watched the news this afternoon & they were shutting things down.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The governor shut Ohio down this week and issued a stay at home order. Luckily my job is ok because of our military accounts. Military aerospace production is considered essential business apparently. So I can still work and make money thank God. Things are noticeably different around town. Kind of an eerie feeling driving to work how few people were out.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Well I knew it was coming. As you know the hotel is closed and I am sleeping here but go home each day to have supper with the family. Basically I have the afternoon shift off. I have four buildings to watch over mechanically and also provide management support where needed. Now that cases are ramping up here in southern Ontario we are going to be giving rooms to doctors and nurses from the local hospital who no longer feel it is safe for them to go home to their families. The first ones arrive tonight. I am going to work a day shift at another building today then go home for supper with the family and pack. Once I return tonight I will be staying until it is over then a two week quarantine before I go home again. Might be a while.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Well I knew it was coming. As you know the hotel is closed and I am sleeping here but go home each day to have supper with the family. Basically I have the afternoon shift off. I have four buildings to watch over mechanically and also provide management support where needed. Now that cases are ramping up here in southern Ontario we are going to be giving rooms to doctors and nurses from the local hospital who no longer feel it is safe for them to go home to their families. The first ones arrive tonight. I am going to work a day shift at another building today then go home for supper with the family and pack. Once I return tonight I will be staying until it is over then a two week quarantine before I go home again. Might be a while.
Stay safe brother. The position this is putting you & your family in sucks for sure. I'm sure there are many here that will be hoping for the best for you, I know I am.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
@Tinsnips These are the things and effects I would not have thought of. I'm sure your efforts will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I watched the address by Mr Ford. He wants to convert University laboratories into testing centers & University dorms into temp hospitals.

I hope we win this fight & hope it doesn't affect your family.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Thanks Guys. The decision to move out was a no-brainer, my oldest son has a weak respiratory system so I can't take a chance bringing it home. I have a NIOSH N95 mask and can use it when I feel it is needed. The people coming in are being segregated as much as possible. I moved rooms to create distance and avoid using the same hallways. The back of house areas are good here, myself and security are the only ones in them. I can still limit my exposure to an acceptable risk...the doctors and nurses who are working the hospital can't. If my family needs them I want them to have every chance to be there.

We are trying to do what we can and spread the resources to where they are needed. Project Share, a local charity that supplies food to those in need came by yesterday and picked up around a 150 dozen eggs we had in the IHOP fridge. IHOP is closed so those can go to good use now that more people are going to be needing food than usual. Eggs are a protein with a very long shelf life so it is valuable stock to have at a time like this.

1601 - 1620 of 1743 Posts