Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1743 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
@Tinsnips, I applaud your sense of responsibility to your family and hope and pray it all settles soon. Keeping the medical staff safely housed is a great idea. Do you have the protocols in place should a medical “guest” test positive?

Thinking of you and the family. Be careful and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
We have not crossed that bridge yet Oz. I think the hospital has monitoring in place for the working staff. Should they be found to have early symptoms I feel it would happen at work. They are working 12 hour shifts and I am sure now that they are not home they will likely work every day for the foreseeable future.

Morning all.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Boredom is starting to get to me. I found 400rds of 9mm cases in my garage that I'd forgotten about. Pressed all those out on Monday. Had just over 100 .223 cases, so I prepped all that brass yesterday and will press them out today. I typically don't like to do runs less than 300 just for efficiency of setup. Went to a meat shop yesterday and got a 9lb brisket. Threw it on the smoker at 6am today. Supposed to be around 60 and sunny at quittin time, so I might take the hog out for a ride. We had a stay home order go into effect at midnight last night from the governor, so I'm not sure I won't get hassled for it.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Mmmmm. Brisket you say? We do have a "What's for Dinner?" thread here that has fallen into obscurity. Just sayin.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I was told that although we have the stay at home order in place, cops won't be pulling people over for being out. Likely a safety precaution on their part.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Yeah, pretty sure they want to have as little interaction as possible.

Dinner thread...https://www.gsxr.com/threads/whats-for-dinner-tonight.89108/page-21

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Well it's official, we have now gone to mandatory shelter-in-place too, effective Thursday Mar 26th @ 11:59 pm and lasting thru April 7th. There are a LOT of exemptions though, including my wife & I still being required to go to work.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Buncombe County, the home of Asheville, NC issued a shelter in place order yesterday effective 8pm today including a ban on new people taking residence in the county and requiring people from certain areas to self quarantine. They specifically mention New York, Florida, California and Washington State.
There are plenty of practical exceptions to feed and take care of yourself and even though the area has not seen very many cases, the self distancing is a good practice right now.
On the flip side, the order is tyrannical, over-reaching and clearly un-constitutional in it's scope.

·
Registered
271 Posts
With all due respect. This might be unconstitutional but it's the only way to stop the spread of this bug. You might be healthy & it might not affect you but do it for elders in your family & those that are immuno-compromised.

Almost all countries around the world are doing the same.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
HEY HEY HEY NOW, What's wrong with my tin foil hat ? ! ?
Well....for one there is no tin in it...

This dude knows whats up:

Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

~does he really? Yep, user name checks out...

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
With all due respect. This might be unconstitutional but it's the only way to stop the spread of this bug. You might be healthy & it might not affect you but do it for elders in your family & those that are immuno-compromised.

Almost all countries around the world are doing the same.
You slough off "unconstitutional" so casually. This will end or become part of our lives as other viruses have, but our freedoms are much harder to regain.

If you read my post, I don't disagree that they are good measures and government should be issuing guidance, I do fear every two bit politician that proclamates rules when we did not grant them the authority.

BTW, I am in that higher risk age group.

1621 - 1640 of 1743 Posts