Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1347 Posts

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,724 Posts
Not a typical trackday pic, but a bunch of us CCS/ASRA and WERA experts got together and did a GP race at Rush Hour go-kart track in Garner NC (not your typical amusement park karts). Had a blast with the new Sheetz karts. We were the first to use them other than a 17 yr old go kart pro they had test them the staff said. Mesa got inside of .2 seconds of of that guy's best lap, and obviously we all broke the previous track record set on the old karts. Had an absolute blast! Stefano Mesa naturally won both races We plan to make this a regular event.

From left to right

Stefano Mesa, Me, Daniel Goodnight, Will Posse, Ray Fair, Ryan Christian, Edwin Cosme.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Couple shots from VIR. I think I'm invisible on track lol. Two days and only like 15 pics of me and 100 of some other guys. Whatever. Lots of looking through the corner at the oak tree which is good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Looking good man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Notice the two different gloves? Lol

Blew out a seam on my right gp pro so had to resort my gp plus which has a blown out left seam

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
Notice the two different gloves? Lol

Blew out a seam on my right gp pro so had to resort my gp plus which has a blown out left seam
Rossi has two different color pant legs (copied by JL99). Thought maybe you were trying to be a trendsetter.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Rossi has two different color pant legs (copied by JL99). Thought maybe you were trying to be a trendsetter.
Right. Yes. I mean I am the new cool.

Maybe if they were the same model or even size for that matter lol

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
I got a chance to ride an S1000r last week and I'll say it is one of the top 5 most fun bikes I've ridden. I felt instantly at home and everything from the handling, engine and ergonomics were spot on.

On R smaller.jpg

Reactions: Last Week

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
So this happened Saturday. Bought my SV650S racebike back from the guy I sold it to. Still has my Younger Oil Racing decals (with a handful he added). He'd painted red over my numberplates so that'll be changed soon. Chance I could be racing again...

:grin

SV_01.jpg

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,724 Posts
Obligatory track pic

RRR this past February

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Obligatory track pic

RRR this past February

Are you still wearing the hit-air? I keep going back and forth on buying one or holding out to get tech air when I need a new suit, which is coming in the next couple seasons. I just have trouble financially and mentally with spending 2500 on leathers.

Oh and required track pick... it's been silent in here anyway

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,724 Posts
Are you still wearing the hit-air? I keep going back and forth on buying one or holding out to get tech air when I need a new suit, which is coming in the next couple seasons. I just have trouble financially and mentally with spending 2500 on leathers.

Oh and required track pick... it's been silent in here anyway

Yes, I still wear it. It's been going strong now for 6 years now. Had my friend and his wife repair the buttons on it after my off in Daytona. They weren't as snappy as they once were, and my 1000 yard slide in the rain didn't help lmao!

You can see from the pics how well it protects. $20 for a new C02 canister and back in action.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
Some of those decals on the SV that have been baked on for 15 years are taking paint with them when I remove. :laugh

Already have yellow number plates (starting over again) on the way from Pop Shadow, you know, just in case.

Have already swapped the undamaged M4 slip on back onto it and done some cleaning. Chain and sprockets are first on the list, then maybe aftermarket clip ons. It had run fine with just the slip on but might try to get a Power Commander (doesn't look like Bazzaz has anything for that year) and QS.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Yes, I still wear it. It's been going strong now for 6 years now. Had my friend and his wife repair the buttons on it after my off in Daytona. They weren't as snappy as they once were, and my 1000 yard slide in the rain didn't help lmao!

You can see from the pics how well it protects. $20 for a new C02 canister and back in action.

So I can see you have the "non-racer" version. Its cheaper and has more coverage. Other than the canister and tether in the front do you see any disadvantage to it?

My thought at the moment is that I can buy the vest now and then when I'm ready to buy leathers I can buy a set that are tech air compatible but wait on the tech air so I dont eat the cost all at once but still have the protection, plus it might let the tech mature a bit (read as possible decrease in price lol). As I've gotten older I seem to have gotten a bit wiser. I spend less money on go-fast parts and more on protection for me and the bike. All the go-fast parts in the world don't actually make me go any faster anyway...

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,724 Posts
Exactly, I think the same way.. can't go fast or go at all if you're injured lol.

I bought this one at the time because it was the only kind available to me trackside. They hadn't came out with the racer version until a little after I believe. Hard to remember that far back .

1301 - 1320 of 1347 Posts