Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 666 Posts

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't think so. It looks like 40 seconds in that video.
Looks like they mounted the camera on the RM gauge and have it facing the rider.
yea I see what your sayin. thats a nice shot for riding position critiquing.

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
I was looking at both my bikes today and it looks like it could be done a few ways. I mocked up a few. Ill try a better one and take pics if it works.

You could mount it hanging down "upside down" from the wind screen above the gauges, or on the out side of the screen looking in, but that seams silly. You could also using some back strapping, bring a mount up form "behind the gauges and again mount the camera above the gauges.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Cool thanks. Just trying to figure out what I can get to overlay on the gopro videos. I was hoping a phone app like trackmaster or something.
RaceChrono is free and currently available to Symbian phones and some others (Android version is coming). http://www.racechrono.com/download/ It has pretty much all the features you need and if you hook up it with this http://www.racedac.com/ you can acquire: "Throttle data, Brake data, Wheel Speed data, Suspension data, Engine and Tyre Temperature data, Air to Fuel Ratio, etc, Anything!". I'm probably going to buy a Racedac later this year.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
A few more from same session. Front cam is a GP HD and rear is 960.
Those 1K's are too fast on the straights or I'm too slow on the exits :bounce

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Freakn awesome track! short nast tight turns :bounce go thru a set of pucks on that one! cool mount spot on that second vid. did you worry that it would get knocked off?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Freakn awesome track! short nast tight turns :bounce go thru a set of pucks on that one! cool mount spot on that second vid. did you worry that it would get knocked off?
I try to keep my knee off the ground. It's just a lean indicator there is no need to drag your knee and waste your pucks :lol:

Camera was securely mounted on the Öhlins preload adjuster with a handle bar mount :thumbup:

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Camera was securely mounted on the Öhlins preload adjuster with a handle bar mount :thumbup:
nice :clap: night have to try that one day....once I get an Ohlins :lol:

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
Registered
576 Posts
That track looks like it needs to be resurfaced. Is it as rough as the camera shows?
You have some spots that are bumpy because of the cars but not really. I could only secure the fairings so well after the guy that owned the bike before me.

21 - 40 of 666 Posts