Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

621 - 640 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Being crossed up is both easy and hard to fix. The main problem is it initially feels very exaggerated which keeps you from moving your shoulders and head enough. Once you start to get comfortable with locking your legs in it becomes easier to move your torso without feeling off balance.

The line is just a matter of finding someone who knows it to tow you. Sometimes that's hard in level 1 with anyone other than a coach. As you move up there is usually someone a little faster who has the line dialed in enough and you can ride in chase.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Being crossed up is both easy and hard to fix. The main problem is it initially feels very exaggerated which keeps you from moving your shoulders and head enough. Once you start to get comfortable with locking your legs in it becomes easier to move your torso without feeling off balance.

The line is just a matter of finding someone who knows it to tow you. Sometimes that's hard in level 1 with anyone other than a coach. As you move up there is usually someone a little faster who has the line dialed in enough and you can ride in chase.
Thanks for the insight. They have the first COTA again on March 11-12th 2017. I might put a few bucks away and go back again.
That track is expensive. I cant do a lot of those days at 400USD a day.

All the others are around 150 a day. But I guess you get what you pay for.

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #623
@400 you're paying for COTA, not the quality of coaching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Damn. Hope you and the bike are ok.

Did you chop the throttle as you tipped in? Trying to work out what went wrong so I can learn from your crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I am not sure what happened. The track was very dirty and the white cement on racing line is to cover oil spilled in ALL 5 turns. So I either lost the front due to oil or my riding style which is very hard on front.

·
Registered
187 Posts
WoW, that was pretty recent. Was that you walking in the background?
Hope collar bone and ankles are all good man.
I like seeing some fast guys here, but people often forget the downside to going fast sometimes.
Yeah, tomororw it will be two weeks. My lower right back still a bit sore. The other bruises have healed up. My leathers look very good considering. Right side boot took a good knock but it's okay to ride again. Not just riding gear protected me but good quality riding gear.

Yeah, that's me walking and ankles and collarbone fine.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I bought the RaceChrono Pro app so I could export data and make videos using Dashware. But looks like Dashware doesn't work on Win10. :( So I tested how easy it's to make videos using the app. Worked out pretty well.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I bought the RaceChrono Pro app so I could export data and make videos using Dashware. But looks like Dashware doesn't work on Win10. :( So I tested how easy it's to make videos using the app. Worked out pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz4i8SnXBUY
How does it count your lap times?
Is that a GPS assisted unit? Im interested in that program, it's damn nice, good video Tecate!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
How does it count your lap times?
Is that a GPS assisted unit? Im interested in that program, it's damn nice, good video Tecate!
Yes, the app uses GPS. You can use only a phone's internal GPS but it's not very accurate and usually has only 1Hz update rate.

I use an Android phone and a Qstarz BT-Q818XT 10Hz GPS BT-Q818XT.
Garmin GLO 10Hz is also a good choice https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/109827.

You need to have the Pro version of the app if you want to export data. You can use the free version as a laptimer but you can't make videos with GPS data.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
That track looks huge! I would love to ride a track like that. I need to make a trip up to Utah and ride Miller. It is supposed to be like that.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I love that track, double and triple apexes, long straight. Changing elevation, and 20 turns.

It was my second trackday, both there. I ran a 2.52 in level one.
Another 2B guy said you have to make a 2.49 to be level 3.
They put me in level 2 now.

Im going to MSRH(motorsport ranch Houston) and MSRC (Cresson) as well as TWS (Texas World Speedway) this year.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
Didn't they have a "closing TWS" thing last year then decide they're not closing after all?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Didn't they have a "closing TWS" thing last year then decide they're not closing after all?
They're keeping it open through the end of 2017.
It's all up in the air after that. I've heard the track is in bad condition.

I edited last post, I wish I ran a 1.52 there haha

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Motor Sports Ranch Houston 6-3-17

This was my second TD as level 2 and the first time I've been to MSRH. Video was the 3rd session, after that it rained it's ass off and I just packed it in.
Ran decent pace for only knowing the track 2 previews sessions lol.
I will say, I'm starting to find my rhythm.
3 sessions in, Im 3 seconds off level 3 minimum time and 4 seconds off at Circuit of the Americas.
Im staying in level 2 through the end of this year at least. Not going to rush anything. But I do learn faster with faster guys.
Quick 4 minute vid.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
Rpm 6/11/17

Hot and windy couple of days last weekend just south of Omaha at Raceway Park of the Midlands (RPM, formerly MAM). Did all of Saturday on the Pirelli SC1 front/SC2 rear slicks that I had run a little bit last year and for one day at Heartland Park Topeka the weekend before this. The rear started moving around some on acceleration so swapped the Michelin Evos back on at lunch on Sunday.

Funny how on track you feel like you're mowing the grass then on video I see I have plenty of track left to use. Between that and doing deeper into T1 hoping I can drop a few more seconds.

621 - 640 of 668 Posts