Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

661 - 668 of 668 Posts

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
Looks like you might be due for some new pucks Tiger. :grin
Noticed sometimes you'd lightly pull brake between downshifts and sometimes keep pull on through all downshifts. Without seeing the track I'm assuming it just depends how fast you have to slow down.
Ill have to film like that eventually, I cant even remember exactly how I brake, I guess it's just inner programmed.
Probably should be smooth pull throughout. Good way to see if you're doing what you think you're doing. LOL

I can see I definitely need to pull my knee in sooner when coming out of a corner. There are times I'm halfway down the straight with my leg still out like a rudder. :0001136745-facepalm

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Yep good thing you were in your car Gix.
Yup the old lady pointed that out and changed my whole outlook on the accident cause I can say last time around was no fun :wink and the crazy thing about it is it would have been the same leg!

lol holy chit, I just noticed this is the track day thread and not the chat thread, sorry peoples I'll try to get someone to move this out of here.

Reactions: Racerxxxgsxr1000

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I don't know why, but overcast days seem to be my favorite. Easy on the eyes I guess and usually cooler.
I like that track layout, bumpy but I'm sure you get used to each turn(good line/bad line)
So many riders here up north, makes me wish I lived up there....except when it gets cold lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
How was the track? nice track to ride? I know it's fairly new so I'm guessing no major issues. I rode there this summer just to check it out(caught them doing a exotic car driving experience, which was nice to watch for a bit) but I do plan on doing one of the TTDs next year for sure! If you don't mind me asking, where in MA are you from? Just asking cause there isn't many of us Massholes on the site, well not many from western mass for sure.

Fairly new and basically still a private track but from what I hear they are trying to get sponsored for some of the bigger races.
It's a fun track!!! I like it..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,815 Posts
I don't know why, but overcast days seem to be my favorite. Easy on the eyes I guess and usually cooler.
I like that track layout, bumpy but I'm sure you get used to each turn(good line/bad line)
So many riders here up north, makes me wish I lived up there....except when it gets cold lol
Was low to mid 80's last weekend and a bit overcast so pretty great riding weather for sure. Much better than the upper 90's last time I was there. It is a very fun layout, designed by Alan Wilson who also designed Barber and a few others. Zero elevation changes but hey, Iowa. It was fantastic back when I was racing in 2003-04 but over the years they let it run down. The paddock is a joke; I have to dump the rocks out of my belly pan a couple times a day. There are definitely parts of the track you just don't use anymore. 7-8 is two right handers that you take as one but half of what it used to be due to a wicked seam you don't want to run over at lean. I love getting on the gas for the short straight after the decreasing radius but you have to hit your line inside the bumps or you'll be bucking for a while. However they have new ownership that is starting to put some money back in the place. They've repaved a few of the worst spots, built a new classroom, etc. so if people keep showing up we're hoping it'll continue to improve.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Chili cookoff weekend at NCM with Midwest Trackday. The clock on my dash is on eastern time, so you're not confused on the session numbers. All 7 advanced sessions: MTD at NCM 10-17-20 ADV

A couple notable moments.....
Session 1 @ 4:05 - Got loose over the table and went all the way to the grass. A bit of a pucker moment. And why are we all going so slow? It was 47F at 9am.

Session 3 @ 0:00 - The one and only time I will pass Hayden Gillim.

Session 6 @ 8:42 - Coming onto the front strait and see smoke. A lot of it! What the hell are you supposed to do with this?

Session 7 @ 7:20 - Getting passed by Hayden Gillim in the Corvette esses. Frankly I'm surprised I kept him in sight through T5-T8. But after T8 he just pulled away like the pro he is.

661 - 668 of 668 Posts