Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how often is recommended that the oil and filter be changed. i don't feel to confortable with what the owners manual says. i have had the first service at the 600 mile mark and the bike now has over 950 miles. 04 gsxr 750. also when is it recommended to switch over to synthetic and is it better on bikes than regular oil. thanks in advance. :thumbup:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Vassago said:
I would do a oil change every 1500 to 2500 miles, lube and clean chain ever 600 and dont switch to synthetic till your over 2000 miles.
i do mine on the even 1000 numbers ...2,4,6... and do filter every time. unless i've been to the track then it get's it when i get home. they say no synth till at least 4k but i did mine at like 1500 or so .. didnt have any issues at all.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
deeeznutz said:
how often is recommended that the oil and filter be changed. i don't feel to confortable with what the owners manual says. i have had the first service at the 600 mile mark and the bike now has over 950 miles. 04 gsxr 750. also when is it recommended to switch over to synthetic and is it better on bikes than regular oil. thanks in advance. :thumbup:
dude...they engineered it!! but do what you feel is best. i follow the manual. but i also don't rag the shit out of my bike.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You are fine with synth after the first change. The first change being 500-600 to dyno. Another 2-3k and put synth.

Change it every 2-3k filter AND oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.