Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a 2002 gsxr 600 but it does not have a manual so i was was wondering if anyone knew what type i would need to change the oil.. also what kind of oil filter and what size. let me know thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
the oil filter i get is the stock suzuki from my local mc dealer.
the oil weight i use is 10w-40.
when changing the oil and filer you pour in 3100ml of new oil after the new filter is on.
if you are just changing the oil its about 2800ml.
edit: the brand of oil i use is silkolene but its personal preference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the oil filter i get is the stock suzuki from my local mc dealer.
the oil weight i use is 10w-40.
when changing the oil and filer you pour in 3100ml of new oil after the new filter is on.
if you are just changing the oil its about 2800ml.
edit: the brand of oil i use is silkolene but its personal preference.
about 2 quarts + or -. 10w-40 is what i put in. I'm not picky about the oil as long as it is within reason. Reg or synthetic doesn't matter for street riding if you change your fluids withing sched intervals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
'02 Sprint RS... What's my oil capacity & oil filter part #?
I winter my m/c away from home. I'm heading down to change the oil right away but don't remember what the capacity is, and my manual is with the bike. I've got 3L of Synthetic kicking around but want to know if I should stop for another litre on the way.

I just spent 10 - 15 mins searching around and can't find the info online.

Additionally, what's the part # for my '02's oil filter? I bought one on the weekend from my Triumph dealer, but now that I think back, I think I just asked for a filter for a Sprint. Then he just handed me a filter. I was a little hung over, and at the time details like year, engine size, etc were far from my mind. Is the filter on the 1050 the same as the 955?

Thanks guys, you've got about 15 mins before I head out to tackle this job (Luckily, no hangover today).

Anyone that can shoot me some quick answers is fine, fine individual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2002 Suzuki gsxr 600 and I put 3 quarts of oil in it and it is showing on the site glass as low and I didnt change the filter does anyone know what im doing wrong or whats wrong with the bike I let theoil drain for 2 days because I was waiting on my new drain plug

·
Registered
40 Posts
I always used castrol racing rs 4t fully synthetic in my k3 1000 I don't even run conventional oil in my daily... the way i look at it is... out of everything you have to buy for your bike oil is definitely not something to cheap out on, spend $20 more for good oil :burnout:

·
Registered
21 Posts
True. Nobody wants to over-pay for anything and there is a ton of hype regarding oil and which is better. I use Rotella T6 generally because it is cheap yet has the JASO MA rating and have used it successfully for years.

There is one thing I won't go cheap on with my Gixxer 600 and that is not changing the filter with every oil change. This seems like a terrible idea, yet the owner's manual says to only change the filter every 3rd oil change. After the 600-mile service, the filter is not scheduled to be changed until 11,000 miles, with oil only changes at 4,000 and 7,500 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.