Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of mileage do you guys go on your oil changes. I have an 05' GSXR600 and want to get some more input on this. I had the 500 mile service done, then changed it myself at 1k miles, then again at 2.5k miles, all with Suzuki 20w-50 oil and Suzuki filters. The service manager at the shop I bought the bike said to change it every 1500 miles, but that seems like alot since I ride my bike daily and it never gets any track time.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
its been 3500 since my last change but i use synthetic....its about due for another now.....with regular i'd say every 2500-3K

·
Registered
997 Posts
GSXRjason600 said:
What kind of mileage do you guys go on your oil changes. I have an 05' GSXR600 and want to get some more input on this. I had the 500 mile service done, then changed it myself at 1k miles, then again at 2.5k miles, all with Suzuki 20w-50 oil and Suzuki filters. The service manager at the shop I bought the bike said to change it every 1500 miles, but that seems like alot since I ride my bike daily and it never gets any track time.

Let me know what you think.
I do 2000 miles and use only synthetic. It doesn't matter if you ride daily, you gonna get same mileage. :D. Are you sure, that suzuki brand oil is the best way to go?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I change it every 3k miles.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Manual says 3500 right? I change mine waaaaay too often so I forgot the exact number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.