Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

How many miles between Oil changes?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since you were talking about Oil I thought I'd see how many miles everyone goes before they change their oil.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Usually between 1000 and 1500.

·
Registered
63 Posts
+/-3000 w/synth

·
Registered
254 Posts
I need to change my oil BAD!! I have been lazy. How is the clutch lubed?? I have noticed I've been popping out of 2nd gear more often. Does my oil change have anything to do with it? :confused:

·
Registered
522 Posts
on silkolene race i changed it at 4000... I could have gone longer based of the fact that my clutch was still smooth. When i changed it i seriously thought about putting the used stuff in my truck since it felt like it was barely used. My truck gets the mobile 1 treatment. It didnt even change color much... Still had a red tint when draining. I cant stand going any longer to change my oil even though it is race synthetic. on the regular suzuki oil i didnt go more than 2000 miles before my clutch was getting clanky... I love silkolene.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The clutch is lubed with the engine oil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I change oil and filter every 1000 to 1200 with silkolene Race 10-40
I dont like the thoughts of clutch material being carried through my motor
by the oil even if the filter should trap it Ilike it clean

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlkRain1100 said:
I change oil and filter every 1000 to 1200 with silkolene Race 10-40
I dont like the thoughts of clutch material being carried through my motor
by the oil even if the filter should trap it Ilike it clean
wow man, you must like wasting money on oil. damn.

·
Registered
522 Posts
it cost $12 a liter, i do change my filter everytime instead of the suzuki reccommended everyother oil change.

filter-$15
oil-$36+$12 (1 extra to top off since the filter was changed)
That get way too expensive if u change it at that mileage

every 1000-1200 Miles....Thats crazy dude....what do u do with ur bike?????

·
Registered
543 Posts
i also change my oil and filter every 1K miles....better to be safe than sorry, and for all you new riders burning on that clutch trying to get them wheelies down you might wanna do oil changes a little more. :infrandom

·
Registered
543 Posts
no its not....atleast 1K is not bad at all, all breackage has allready occured and oil is allready seeded threw.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1000-1500 for me. only on my second change right now so I'm still running semi synthetic to let it finish seating everything in. after that I'm gonna go the same mileage with full synthetic

·
Registered
308 Posts
Full synthetic all the way...every 2000 miles or so...

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
Every 2500-3000 miles but has never been over 3000 miles between Changes

Mobil 1 MX4T 10W-40

Emgo Filter

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm probably closer to 3,500-4,000 miles, or about twice a year in between changes with mobil MX4T.

You street guys that change it every 1000 miles are nuts. But to each his own :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts