Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 88 gix 1100. its approaching 17k and i was wondering when ( if ever) this bike will want a valve adjust. Maybe the timing chain will want to be replaced sometime in the near future? anything like that. bike seems to run ok, i can get 150 out of it no problems and im 235lbs..... i apreciate any input anyone might have. thanx in advance

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
If your not sure when last time it was adjusted best thing to do is to create a time that you do know. Just my 2cents about it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Things to do

1100 motors need to get a valve adjustment at around 11-1500miles. Its real easy...you can do it on the bike. Just need a valve adjustment tool. Also alot of guys don't realize that the chain tensioner on the front of the motor needs to be pushed in. That will eliminate majority of the noise and increase the horsepower about 5-10 depending on how loose the chain is. You have to manually turn the motor back then push the chain tensioner in and rotate the motor at the same time...Hell of a difference in performance. :arsenal :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.