Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding my 03 gsxr1000 last night and my buddy noticed when ever I got on the throttle he could see a little smoke coming up from my bike. I could kind of smell oil burning too so I rode home and parked it in the garage. About an hour later I walked out to check on it and noticed a tiny puddle underneath it of oil, it was probably only a couple inches long and an inch wide. I got down underneath and looked and the bottom of the oil pan where the nut is to let the oil out was soaked. I checked the filter it was tight and so was that nut. I also noticed on the left front side of where the oil goes, in that case where you can check the level through the clear screen, it was dripping oil down to the bottom of it but couldnt really get a good look because the fairings.

I checked on it this morning when I woke up and went to work and the oil dried up and it wasnt leaking anymore. Any suggestions or input as to why its only leaking when im running it? Could it be a cracked gasket or seal im not a mechanic in anyway so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill have to check that later today when I get off work, also I dont think I was descriptive enough on where the leak was coming from, it was running down the front of the crank case I believe or what ever that part of the motor is right above the oil pan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So yeah ive been riding the bike around and nothing has leaked out since then, I dont know what to do except keep an eye on my oil level to make sure it isnt low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.