Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ride a 2004 GSXR 600 and i had a 2001 GSXR 600, both which were purchased new from the dealership. I am having some problems with the oil. When i ride a standup weelie for more then a mile(maybe1 minute) if the bike is balanced and when i balance the bike it is way up in the air a few times the bike has all the sudden cut out and smoke comes billowing out of my exhuast pipe like you would believe and then if i ride for a couple minutes the smoke finally disappears. I was told that when the bike is that high in the air for that period of time that oil can make its way up into the airbox and then down into the pistons, which would cause the smoke and the bike to cut out, and when the bike cuts out it cuts out but it doesn't die. i had this start to happen on my old bike before i sold it and none of this never happened up till i started to ride longer stand wheelies and the front end it up pretty high. i am just wondering it anybody elso has had this happen to their bike and if so do you know a way to prevent it besides riding long wheelies. Please let me know caust i don't want to do any damage to the bike if this is what i am doing.

one side note in the botton of the airbox there is a oil catch sight gauge. if you haven't seen one just take your tank of and it is on the botton right side of your airbox, anyways it is full of oil, so maybe that is something to consider.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
you want to get a oil pickup from stuntex. The oil pickup stock is in the front, so when you're on one wheel the oil all goes towards the back of the pan and the engine starves. the stuntex oil pickups goes in the back of the pan and makes sure the engine gets oil.
I'm not sure why you're getting oil in the airbox but you should def get the pickup if you're riding long wheelies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.