Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I removed the air box on my 2000 GSXR 600 to change the plugs the other day. I noticed an oily sludge running down the airbox so I removed the filter to inspect. There was shit all over the place. I had left my bike in the rain a few days in a row and when it was pouring outside. Could this sludge be the oil off the K&N mixed with rain water? I cleaned it out and it runs much better. I'm sure changing the 18k mileage plugs didn't hurt either. Thanks dudes.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
probably a mixture of K&N sludge, crank case breather blow by, and moisture. Probably had zero effect on running, but a good idea to clean it out

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
also make sure you fill the oil to the correct level or as stated you will get it in the airbox

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pretty much guarantee that its just rain water mixing with the K&N oil and the blow by. The pcv valve vents the extra crank case pressure to the airbox for reburn. A lot of oil in almost vapor form flows with that extra pressure, over time this will make the mentioned 'sludge'.

·
Registered
656 Posts
probably a mixture of K&N sludge, crank case breather blow by, and moisture. Probably had zero effect on running, but a good idea to clean it out
+1 on the crank case breather blow...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts