Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now iam no saint,i dont follow all the rules laws, etc..and i am not one to get involved in telling people what to do, that being said. f***ing cagers GET OFF THE PHONE, i just want to kick the side of their stupid cars everytime i see one of them chating away it pisses me off (im sure in not alone) why cant we have a stiffer penelty for driving and talking on the phone is there one? i almost get hit 2-3 times a day by these folks not paying attention and i dont live in a big town.i bet if i wheelied down mainstreet without any cars near the street id get a ticket for reckless driving, but a guy texting er something with a street full of cars gets no attention or penelty by the cops im not cying but its bull.:thefinger

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i almost get hit 2-3 times daily also, but some of the car drivers arent even talking on thier phones, in my short life i have came to the conclusion that most people are border-line retarded

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yea, saw a video this morning of a School Bus driver texting away, till he rear ended the guy infront of him.
At the moment they have a law going through the system here (Ontario). But I don't understand why it has to be a law..?

It's like wearing your seat belt. Should just require common sense, not a law.

I guess common sense is not that common.

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
not sure of the laws in your area. in mine its considered distracted driving, its a ninety dollar smack in the sack if you get caught, and i see alot of drivers getting nailed for it.

on the other hand its not just cell phones, drivers can be distracted by alot of other things, kids, eating etc...close calls happen everytime i ride....its up to me to ride invisible and keep my head on a swivel and ride at a speed i can control and get the hell out of the way if something stupid happens. this helps to increase my chances of not getting fragged.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
here in Carrollton tx it has to be hands free or it’s a ticket . i also don’t like to be the '' ONE'' to say anything to plp. but i saw this guy in a glass truck completely cut this lady off and she went up onto the concrete divider causing her some good amount of damage to her car. the guy kept right on going talking on his phone. i got the name of the company and called it. i asked to speak to the owner and explained that i never do this but i must file a complaint. as i was telling him what happened he just hung up on me. wtf? so i forward the info the lady in the car so she could let the police know. ass hat!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
They are looking to bannning text here now,I had a guy the other day on the highway just pull into my lane pushed my into the shoulder i beep the horn and he waves i was like:thefinger you! I mean are you kidding me thank good I dont carry batteries in my pocket ,:arsenalI only have a gun lol

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
"GET OFF THE F'N PHONE AND DRIVE!!!!" But trust me the F'N isn't abbriviated.
You know, I'm a pretty laid back and easy going guy. But spotting someone driving while talking into a handset just pisses me off instantly. Like overhearing someone spew racist crap. It's like flicking a switch. I will yell it so loud the person they are talking to will hear it. And that's the point. I want to embarrass the shit out of them. And yes I shout the "G" rated version if there are kids in the car.

lol Dangles. Mine is Habitual Traffic Offender. I should jot that one down.

·
Registered
326 Posts
In Germany, everything is considered illegal, they laugh at us because of the cup holders in the cars. They look at driving as a task not a privilege. Mainly due to the speed on the autobahn.

I actually had a cop write me a ticket after he tried to pinch me in behind a semi. I had my turn signal on way prior to making my pass at which time he was behind me. Then when I did this I seen in him in my mirror excellerating then when I begin to make my pass getting extremly close to the semi he is right next to me. I speed up to not have him hit me, then he said that it was an abrubt lane change and I was endangering the flow of traffic.

I hate cagers as well!!! Everyone should buy a motorcycle for population control so it would exterminate all idiots and reduce road rage!!!:thumbup:

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
On my way to work I got stuck behind some old dick with the bumper sticker "Hang Up and Drive". I pull up next to him at the light to turn and he has the newspaper open on the steering wheel. :shiftyCause thats much safer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In most states it's illegal if you don't have an earpiece or bluetooth. I read a study a while back though that it's not the fact of having the phone in your hand that's the dangerous part, but the distraction of carrying a conversation while driving.

I know on Ft. Riley, where I work, it used to come with automatic year suspension of driving priveleges; until after the first month or so and there were literally hundreds of suspensions.

Really, though, I find myself doing the same from time to time if it is important, or urgent at least.:hmmm:

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
Another unfortunate side effect of these laws is the dumb ass that doesn't pull over in a parking lot or something similar but practically stop in the middle of the street. I GET PISSED GODDAMMIT!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.