Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have been all over the web looking for a good school for suzuki mechanics training. but none are anywhere near me... ami and mmi are way to far away. does anyone know of anything near the dfw area (texas)? im more of a hands on person than a read the books and remember. but i did find a couple of home programs. what do u guys think? thanx!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I would say our best bet would be to try to get on (maybe just as a tire changer) at a local dealer. Stick your nose in whenever you can, and try to push your way to the mechanics bench. no better training than hands on. AMI and MMI are nice, and i plan on going one day, but only for the piece of paper they give you. Dont get me wrong I am sure I will STILL learn something there, but not as much as you do dealing wiht real life problems.... on bikesthat the problem "appears" and was not put there by a teacher. The schools teach you fundamentals though, so that you can take what you know about one and apply it to all bikes.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
yea, definatly try to get on a shop at a lower level. Maybe even in the Set-up department.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aight thanx for the advice, ill run down there and see what they say. just as part time even. cause i work nights and i have all day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.