Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay we heard about the R 6, now a buudy tells me that for overall street riding the CBR 600 rr is awesome. He does admitt that for race tracks the GSXR is much more agressive, hmmm?? What do you think guys, fact or fiction??? :hmmm:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Before I got my 750 I rode a 600RR. It is a very smooth bike. Most of it's bowerband is mid to high range. It's not built like the R6 whatsoever. The only thing that I was displeased with was the throttle response. I have seen alot better responses on the other brands. The center of gravity is terrific though. That bike will seriously bang some corners. Decent design i would say. I think honda is kind of loosing it's status these days. Both RR's (1000 and 600) have been gettin beat up by the other manufacturers on the track. But for a street bike, it will do the job.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Friend on mine has a double r. He likes it. I hate it for the simple fact of the comfort. My hands were killing me after a decent ride on it. Seat is like a fucking brick. GSXR all the way baby.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
all i have heard about honda is that the seat is a fucking brick. (what wick just said) any more with power and performance the bikes are close enough that it's up to you to decide.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
hey guys, my parents got me a one peice AGV racing suit for my B-day and i rode with it for a good hour and found the seat felt alot softer then when im wearing jeans!! i find that my ass gets numb when i go for long rides with jeans on!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I own a 05 GSXR 600 and a buddy of mine owns a 600 RR, then feel totally different. The gixxers seat is way more comfortable than the RR just like everyone said above. I drove his bike for a while and he drove mine then we switched back then feel way different. All he was saying was how much more comfortable my seat was compared to his and i agree. Also on the RR you lean forward over the handle bars way more than you do on the Gixxer. I think the gixxer handles way better than the RR he also agreed with me. He pretty much told me that he wished he would of bought a Gixxer!

·
Registered
440 Posts
The gixxer is way more comfortable then the 600rr and that peice of wood with the cloth over it seat haha. Also considering that the MSRP of the RR is almost as much as the 750 o_O I'd go with a 600/750 GSXR.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welll

Well the dealership up here wants to give the 05 600 rr for 8600 (shipping and set up included). He wants to give me 4000.00 for my 02 gscxr 600 with 6700 miles on it and a bolt on yoshi. I am not sure. One thing is true that seat is almost like sitting on concrete. So what do you all advise?? :headscrat

REVLIMIT said:
The gixxer is way more comfortable then the 600rr and that peice of wood with the cloth over it seat haha. Also considering that the MSRP of the RR is almost as much as the 750 o_O I'd go with a 600/750 GSXR.

·
Registered
440 Posts
How much are the 2k5 GSXR600's going for up there? If it's about the same then I'd rather get the Gixxer. Shit though I saw my friend yesterday and he told me that he has a friend who works for the dealer who might be able to get the RR for a really good price. If I can get it for around $8k OTD compared to the $9.7k OTD that I'm hearing about. (Here ON SALE the GSXR600 goes for $9k OTD) then I might actually get a RR instead.

As for the seat I hear some company makes a gel seat or something. I hear it's pretty comfortable...though I don't remember who makes it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
let me see

REVLIMIT said:
How much are the 2k5 GSXR600's going for up there? If it's about the same then I'd rather get the Gixxer. Shit though I saw my friend yesterday and he told me that he has a friend who works for the dealer who might be able to get the RR for a really good price. If I can get it for around $8k OTD compared to the $9.7k OTD that I'm hearing about. (Here ON SALE the GSXR600 goes for $9k OTD) then I might actually get a RR instead.

As for the seat I hear some company makes a gel seat or something. I hear it's pretty comfortable...though I don't remember who makes it.
hey Rev the 2k5's gsxr 600's are going for 8299 with out ship & handling. The MSRP for the 600 rr was 9374.00 here but they dropped it to 8700 OTD, well 8695.00 (samething). I love this bike, I just got it today!!!!!!!!!!! Man it is soooo smooth and the undertail looks biatching!!!! I still love gixxers but man this thing is so sweet. I almost got an R 6 but it didn't feel right. The rr seems like it wants to turn itself in corners AWESOME!!!!!!!!! The center of gravity is also very very nice. I do however think the seat will need replacing. If you can think of the name it would be appreciated. Well see fellows. I'll always be checking in. :funny: :infrandom

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just totalled my RR, and should have my 04 Gixxer some time mid week, but Id never had a problem with my seat on the RR, but I do agree that you do lean way too far ahead of the handle bars, also the RR sits higher than the gixxer I think, I have to make an effort to look at how fast I'm going on the RR cause my head is almost above my windscreen (I'm only 5'8"),

Cuts corners awesome tho. & throttle is a little slow, like people say it needs to get to midrange, I usually have to drop 1-2 gears to pick up some serious speed to put get into the mid range.

Bad for wheelies, cause the power band is way too high to get it up. You can't even get the front end high enough to ride it out unless its at around 10,000.

Not sure how the gixxer is yet, let you know mid week.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I must admit..............I like the color schemes of the Honda bikes better than the Gixxers. :hmmm: I love the black and red color scheme. When I get some doe, I will have my bike painted all red with a touch of black..........I have the classic blue and white 01............ :cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well what do you think??

Still no solid reponses on the bike, I put the pic in there. And as far as engine and all that jazz. Lets see, Honda took all the three top spots in Daytona this year,hmm. Yes the throttle is better on the GSXR. But for me I will never get this bike to its full potential. I ride it as much as I can on the STREET. All the 600's are so close that if have an awesome tranny, RELIABILITY, and HIGHER reslae it's a no brainer for me. It's like saying, wow that Chevy rocks but its .5 seconds faster that my honda. I get higher resale, more reliability etcc.. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting down a GSXR, I love it. But honestly the CBR RR is sweet. Again sooo smooth. I plan next week to get a RS-5 undertail. Take care guys!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think honda has the worst stock suspension settings for the street, unless your 140 lbs., hondas have good bottom end +midrange, NO TOP END...I couldn't even campare my GSXR 1000 to 954. 954 was a great handling bike and somewhat comfortable, rode a new CBR 1000RR-THAT BIKE IS A PIG!!!->GSXR 750 has more balls!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
eatemup said:
Still no solid reponses on the bike, I put the pic in there. And as far as engine and all that jazz. Lets see, Honda took all the three top spots in Daytona this year,hmm. Yes the throttle is better on the GSXR. But for me I will never get this bike to its full potential. I ride it as much as I can on the STREET. All the 600's are so close that if have an awesome tranny, RELIABILITY, and HIGHER reslae it's a no brainer for me. It's like saying, wow that Chevy rocks but its .5 seconds faster that my honda. I get higher resale, more reliability etcc.. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting down a GSXR, I love it. But honestly the CBR RR is sweet. Again sooo smooth. I plan next week to get a RS-5 undertail. Take care guys!! :thumbup:

FYI most exhust for the CBR doesn't come out straight, I think Jardine is 1 of the few that do...

I had a 2 bro (loved it) but had to buy a Jardine midpipe to straighten, so make sure th yoshi si straight first :)
Check out 600.net, its great sight; where most of the 600rr boys hang out on-line.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.