Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I keep on trying to be a grown-up, but at 60 I'm struggling. After a lifetime of super-sports bikes (FZR1000, then an Exup, then 'blades - via plenty of other sporty stuff) I bought a Royal Enfield. I had reached the age (I thought). But then I realised that I was starting to try to ride it like a sportsbike.

So I bought a superb GSXR1000 in yellow. Then the slightly twaty matching leathers. A helmet to match, too (natch). In England they are thought of as slightly 'yobbish' bikes by some. A latter-day RD350LC. And they are - and I love it. Thanks for letting me join!
Steve

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
G’day Steve, or should I say Yobbo Steveo?!

Welcome. Please post some pics of said twaty steed.

·
Super Moderator
9,396 Posts
Welcome from across the pond.

There are a number of mentally stunted sexagenarians around here. Do you have any pics of your new ride?

And thanks for my new word for the day! (yobbish)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Too funny, you bought a RE and realized you wanted to ride it like a Sport bike! LOL

So what year is this LiterBike?

You know the saying? Pics, or it never happened LOL

Welcome to the site!

PS- I'm 60 too! (what is that in metric LOL)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldnt find a google translate button.
Too funny, you bought a RE and realized you wanted to ride it like a Sport bike! LOL

You the saying? Pics, or it never happened LOL

Welcome to the site!

You the saying? Pics, or it never happened LOL

Welcome to the site!

I'll try and attach a 'photo - it's a K4 so a year older than yours. I've also got a little 125cc AJS - so two ends of the spectrum, really. Ironically although this is the standard OEM colour, in the log book (I'm not sure what the North American equivalent is) it is down as 'grey'!

·
Super Moderator
9,396 Posts
Very nice. There are not many yellow bikes on the road which is too bad because they are sharp looking.

The wheels set it of nice also, are they OEM color?

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think so - I think they were sprayed yellow - then the rims were polished back to silver. It really is in absolutely mint condition - I can't find a single mark on it. It goes like stink, too!

·
SuperMod of the North
26,951 Posts
Welcome Sir! Great looking ride!

Reactions: SteveGixxer
1 - 12 of 12 Posts