Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my buddies dedicated to going to the track this year now,but my one buddy wouldn't desicrate his k8 white 1000, its his baby so we looked for a track bike for him. we found a k5 gixxer 600 that was rebuilt at the end of the 05 season after being raced by one of the fastest guys in canada,he also makes the odd ama appearence. anyways we were wondering how strong the motor was so we took er out and tested it. that mike makes sick power it pulls as hard as my stock k7 1000!this is a dedicated race bike so every mod you can think of has been done,motor wise the guy couldn't tell me what all was done but the exhaust smells like vp race or av gas.either way i have never rode a sixhundred that hauls like that!

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I've ridden a couple 600's that made over 130HP to the wheel but the motors were built up pretty nasty. The only downside is running race fuel all the time which is expensive as hell. Also, your buddy will have to have that motor serviced at least every two years or every year depending how much time he puts on the motor. Refreshing 600 motors that make alot of power will cost usually around $2,000-$3,000. Congrats though. Having a dedicated track bike is like owning a boat. You're happy when you pick it up and you're happy when you get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
that sounds sick dude. i'm gonna build me a track bike one day. gotta work on my 7 five oh still though. can't start a new business with unfinished business! :arsenal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.