Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 gsxr1100 that I am reviving. The bike was out of commission for over 7 years. I got it running however the carbs are acting rather evil. Low speed performance is pathetic. When the main piston actuated needle valve provides fuel it runs fine >5000 RPM under load. So I am thinking the problem is in the low speed circuits.

I have taken them apart and cleaned all the passages with removable jets.

The only passages I didn't mess with were the idle jet orifices. These carb's don't have the adjustable needle valves. They haves pressed in orifice plates for each carb.

When I took them apart there wasn't any varnish to speak of in the bowls. The choke circuit pistons were all seized up and required careful extraction and cleaning. They seem to be working okay.

When the bike is cold and running with the choke, the engine will die if the throttle is cracked at all.

These carbs are completely stock.

I am new to the forum, any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kirk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I am an idiot

I guess the pilot screw is behind the plug with the orifice. I think I know what to do now. The tuning link of the other carb thread is helpful.

However, I dread wrestling the cables on and off that many times. I swear they are a hell of a lot harder to get at than any other MC I have dealt with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.