Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently purchased a k1 750 it’s had a bit of a rough life so I’m trying get it back to its former glory. I’ve replaced pads front and rear with EBC sinted pads however under moderate to heavy braking my discs are overheating quite bad and I also have a judder from the front end when I apply more than half of my front brake lever what could this be thankyou it had wavy front discs stock rear

·
Super Moderator
10,638 Posts
I’ve recently purchased a k1 750 it’s had a bit of a rough life so I’m trying get it back to its former glory. I’ve replaced pads front and rear with EBC sinted pads however under moderate to heavy braking my discs are overheating quite bad and I also have a judder from the front end when I apply more than half of my front brake lever what could this be thankyou it had wavy front discs stock rear
Welcome.

I'm not sure what you mean by overheating. If they are dragging a lot, that should be evident by spinning the wheel with the bike lifted.

As far as the "judder", first make sure the discs are straight. Holding a screwdriver against the fork as a gauge to see if they are straight as you rotate the wheel is good enough.

Second, did you clean the discs before you put the new pads on? Sand them down with 160-220 grit paper till they are evenly clean. They are very hard so you will remove very little material. Follow up with some scotchbrite and brake cleaner.

Last is to bed them in. 3-4 hard stops and then letting them cool should do the job.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are free not catching on the pads wheel spins nice and free and I’ll clean the discs tomorrow the pads are bedded in they’ve been on for a week now

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Welcome to the site Cal,

What they said so far.

Pics, or it never happened....LOL

·
Registered
104 Posts
You may find your problem has nothing to do with what I'm going to suggest, but I'd still recommend them if you plan to keep and depend on the bike for any length of time.
It would be beneficial to rebuild the brake calipers, master cylinders and replace the brake hoses. Hoses and seals can deteriorate and close off fluid passages that you can't see inside. They're not terribly difficult to replace with, relatively inexpensive, rebuild kits and hoses. It would also eliminate the need to duplicate brake fluid changes that may be performed before any of these things are replaced in effort to 'find the problem'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts