Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in Florida, where the temps are now getting to be in the 90's on a daily basis. The last couple of days my bike overheats in traffic, the temp guage reaches 250 F and the overflow tank starts spitting out coolant. I just recently changed the coolant in it and the fans are kicking on at 220 like they should. I have checked the system on a couple occasions to make sure there is no air in the radiator. But because of the horrible traffic around here, I guess I am not getting enough cool air to the engine...My question is there an additive I can safely use to lower the temps?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you sure you got all the air out..did you also burp it back at the thermostat housing? sound like its getting vapor lock..double check. :thumbup:
Nope...how do you do that? Does it just have a bleeder screw as well?

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
05 750...I believe that is the same bleeder screw I used before to check the system for air. You have to lift up the gas tank and it's to the right of the throttle body.

My main question is could I safely use water wetter on my bike?
living in florida with no chance of freezing yes. but standard anti freeze should be fine without using water wetter. I would reburp the system. if nothing else you could be having water pump issues or thermostat, "radiator cap"...i would have a good look at the radiator cap, be sure it seals and is working properly. if the system isnt pressurizing properly it wont cool properly. i have found that to be the case with many bikes....something as simple as the stinking radiator cap.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now Ive got a new problem I am noticing...unless I am in gear and moving, the fans will not kick on. WTF! I tried bleeding the system again...the bike was in neutral not moving with temps nearing 240 and the fans are not coming on. What could cause this? A bad switch? My dad thought it might be from air pockets still there, but it hard to bleed the radiator when it starts to overheat within minutes.

Help Please! anyone else run into this problem before?

·
Registered
122 Posts
youve prolly already done this but take the left fairing off to uncover the tank run the bike and watch to see if the water is cycling if it is let it run half hour watching for bubbles they should be biggger air pockets but, if its small continuassly accouring bubbles you have a problem perhaps head gasket if u cant get all the air out like that then use the bleeder valve open it fast and close it multiple times be careful not to burn your self i hope this helps im no bike tech but am a auto tech cant be too much differance between the two and that how we bleed cooling systems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts