Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
kracker said:
Just for shit and grins, what do yall think is better to stunt with, alloy or steel sprockets?..Also what size chain is better 520 or 530....
i think they only make alloy but if you can get a steel get it it wont break as easy and i run a 520 on out stunt bike i dont think i would ever notice the diffrance we dont go fast enough

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
if you're going to be beating on it get a 525 or so, a friend of mine went through 2 520 sprockets in 2 months, kept breaking teeth

·
Registered
372 Posts
Got2josh said:
if you're going to be beating on it get a 525 or so, a friend of mine went through 2 520 sprockets in 2 months, kept breaking teeth

yeah thats why we swapped too the 520 plus i heard it spins free'er but i dont notice...do you know if they make a steel 60 tooth or even 55 i want a steel sprocket just for durablity...anyone know me know

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Im getting a 57 tooth rear sprocket for my 750 in a 530 chain size. Was going to go with 520 but someone told me for slow stunts, that if i went with a 520 i would be replacing chains every couple of weeks.Ive got a 47 tooth sprocket on their right now in 520 and i also went one tooth down in the front so i think that makes the tooth count 50.. Just starting the slow stuff ,but I dont think u can find a steel 60 tooth rear sprocket..Ive tried everywhere but no luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
atownriders said:
I was wondering what size sprockets should i get to ride a wheelie on my 2004 Katana 600.
it depends on your riding prefrence, cuz the more teeth u have the less top speed u get but wheelies are a hell of alot easeir to control without having to go fast. Ive got a 57 tooth sprocket on my 750 but my top speed is like 90..Hintz i hardly ever drive it on the streets...My friend has a 600 and he put a 49 tooth rear sprocket on it and went one tooth down on the front sprocket and has no problem keeping it on one wheel..

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
top speed should be about 110-125 atleast on that 750. I've got a 750 that had a 73 rear and 2 down front and its top speed was 87mph.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skibum91 said:
top speed should be about 110-125 atleast on that 750. I've got a 750 that had a 73 rear and 2 down front and its top speed was 87mph.
I also went down two teeth in the front and the fastest i got it was 91 but my front rims alittle twiked so i didnt want to push my luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
atownriders said:
I was wondering what size sprockets should i get to ride a wheelie on my 2004 Katana 600.
like a 100 tooth sprocket :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
j/k man. U can ride a stock katana wheelie for at least a block or two. The trick is bp and sitting way back on the seat. I know because my friend bet me i couldnt even pick his katana up and ride it. And then i won. Got the pic to prove it!

·
Registered
372 Posts
katanas hmmm

my first street bike was a katana...yes it was a bitch to wheelie and yes it was a bihtc to get up but he is right you just got sit way back the only thing i did to it was a 520 conversion and one down in the front it was hard but after a while i was doin stand ups and sit downs with ease if you cant power or clutch it just try bumpin it up

·
Registered
8 Posts
steel

Steel sprockets have to be custom made. Not a good idea though. Reason being is that the teeth will never wear out. That makes your chain prematurely wear out. Stick with an aluminum 520 kit. gearing depends on if you want to ride the bike or trailer the bike to the stunt spot. 52-55 tooth gives plenty of torque and is still somewhat streetable. I run a 64tooth and I dont ride it on the street. I can take off from a dead stop in 6th gear. :lol:
Hopefully that gives you a little bit of an idea what to expect. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.