Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike got tipped over yesterday. and now i need to paint it again. my question for anyone who's painted a 08, did you take the side fairings fully apart to spray them or did you leave them as one big piece and spray it? i ask cause im having a little bit of trouble takeing them apart. let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Are you planning to paint with cans of spray paint? If so, I would advise against doing that. You should mix some flex agent in with the paint.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So my bike got tipped over yesterday. and now i need to paint it again. my question for anyone who's painted a 08, did you take the side fairings fully apart to spray them or did you leave them as one big piece and spray it? i ask cause im having a little bit of trouble takeing them apart. let me know.

thanks

No im gonna spray it the right way, not with a rattle can thats sloppy.

i got the top part of the fairings apart but the bottom is a bitch any tips??

·
Registered
650 Posts
If your going to do it right..Yup get everything apart..And don't skimp on the prep work...That's 95% of the job..

Also flex agent is waste..If you needed to fold a part in half to install it, yeah go for it...lol..But other than that it's useless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.