Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2011-2020 750 gsxr have a pair valve, im not finding any blockoff plates in the aftermarket.

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts
Does the 2011-2020 750 gsxr have a pair valve, im not finding any blockoff plates in the aftermarket.
Welcome. It appears so. This is out of an L1/L2 600 service manual.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The 2011 (and presumably others) does. You can see it here. But the design is different than those with covers that are replaced by plates. Also see the cylinder head cover.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Why waste money on block off plates?
You could A: leave it alone
B: plug various documented ways- easily for low $.
C- Route the Crankcase breather hose- T'd off to the pair valves directly, bypassing the solenoid- dyno proven small HP gains!

Reactions: mkbike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Suit yourself but I like my CF plates:

Notice how much cleaner things are on top with all that crap removed.
Where did you get the plates ? I can't find any and don't have access to a machine shop to make a set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why waste money on block off plates?
You could A: leave it alone
B: plug various documented ways- easily for low $.
C- Route the Crankcase breather hose- T'd off to the pair valves directly, bypassing the solenoid- dyno proven small HP gains!
If I leave it alone won't I get poping when I change the exhaust system ?

·
Registered
494 Posts
"Where did you get the plates ? I can't find any and don't have access to a machine shop to make a set."
I bought some CF plate and cut my own using a jig saw (tungsten carbide blade), drill press, and some rotary sanding tools. CF is very abrasive and I think it ruined the drill bit. I made two sets and listed the second for sale but there were no takers. Maybe no one noticed. I was going to list it on the WERA forum but never got around to it. Fits K1-K8 1000 and some earlier 600/750's as I recall. But nothing as late as yours.

"If I leave it alone won't I get pop[p]ing when I change the exhaust system?"
I think you will. You also need to block it off if you're doing dyno runs and measuring the AFR via the exhaust gas.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Suit yourself but I like my CF plates:

Notice how much cleaner things are on top with all that crap removed.
Well, I like those blue anodized screws you used! Those plates do look 'bitchin'!

I also like the real HP increase I got by my sucker mod.

·
Registered
494 Posts
^Someone was selling them on ebay. As I vaguely recall they have a bullet head that has a wider base like a button head but a deeper drive recess so they're less prone to stripping. I use them on several other spots in various colors where I can get away with an aluminum screw. I think he had them custom made but is long gone.

I've since switched the valve cover mounting screws to Lightech 964IND so they're now blue too. However it took almost a year to get them. They saved 70 grams.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts