Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im new to the bike scene. I dont even own one yet. i have been doing my research though. i have come to the conclusion i want a gsxr, but i dont know what to choose between the 600 or the 750. i want something i can upgrade with. so anyone know a site where i can look up parts for 750s i can seem to find a good deal of parts for the 600. thankd for any help.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Is this your first bike? How much riding experience do you have?

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes this would be my first bike. with little to no riding experience. but efif this helps any i want something i can make more powerful as i become more experienced with the bike. also was thinking about the 750 b/c most people around here have 600s.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You definatly don't need anything over a 600. It will take years of riding before you can evern remotely outride a 600. You hear a lot of people saying they want something bigger because they are tired of the bike, but that just means that they don't know how to ride as good as they should.

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for you help. would you also know really good places to look for parts for the 600. a guy i work with has a gsxr 1000. guess what, it was his first bike he owned, wrecked it the first week he got it. i think he said he hit a puddle of oil. he has been riding for years on his friends bikes before he bought his own.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
What kind of parts are you looking for, Cosmetic? Performance?

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little bit of both, defenitely an undertail. But i guess mostly performance. I like the yoshimura exhaust systems. i also saw online somewhere a yoshimura engine management system, but they didnt have what bikes it worked on and it directly pluged into the ecu. but to simply answer the question mostly performance.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
well you can go to yosh's website, to research info on that, gsxrzone.com(i think thats the site) has a lot of motor mods. Indysuperbikes.com kneedragger.com have stuff. Umm, I'll try to list some more when I get home.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Have you taken the Motorcycle Safety Course? If not, I would suggest that, or trying to find somebody with a small streetbike that would let you practice.
And know this, There are two types of riders, those who have wrecked, and those who are going to. Your going to wreck sooner or later, some people do it the first day, first week, or maybe not ever for 5 years, but it still happens. I rode for two years before my first wreck.

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i was suppose to met up with this guy so i could ride his 88 honda or whatever. he was going to teach me how to ride on it, but he showing off and wrecked and broke both of his legs. so thats out of the question. as far as the class is yeah i have thought about it but as much as i work i dont have time to take it right now, i need to take time off to take it.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Needabike said:
well i was suppose to met up with this guy so i could ride his 88 honda or whatever. he was going to teach me how to ride on it, but he showing off and wrecked and broke both of his legs. so thats out of the question. as far as the class is yeah i have thought about it but as much as i work i dont have time to take it right now, i need to take time off to take it.
I would really suggest taking the time to take the class, you will learn a lot and they will teach you stuff that you might never think of, and you also get to learn on somebody else's bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.