Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone shed some light on me here. I just picked up an 04 GSXR 600. I've seen the pass button on other people's gixxers but am a little dumbfounded by it. I assume its a left blinker, but could be wrong. Mine turns the high beams on. Is this right? Never the less I don't really care what it does because the whole assembly's coming off, but I am curious. Thanx for any feedback.

·
Registered
459 Posts
it was designed so you can falsh your brights at the car in front of you so it knows your there, hence makes passing alittle safer, i always ride with my brights on anyways so it makes no diff to me

·
Registered
783 Posts
As I understand it, in places like the AutoBahn flashing the highbeams means get out of the fast lane or get a ticket. Europeans are much better at the fast/slow lane thing than we are I guess. I heard that this PASS switch comes from that. I really don't think its going to do much good in the good old USofA with the average driver having a smoke in one hand, a cellphone in the other, and all the while driving their SUV 10 mph slow in the fast lane. The only thing the PASS switch may do is finally send that couch potatoe over the edge, and you may see that shiny new 9mm they just bought on an credit card :laughingr

Drivers around here really kill me. How hard is it to go the speed limit?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I find it quite helpful here, let them know you are there, even if they insist on staying in the left lane, they don't end up hitting you when you pass on the right...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unless you're behind a small civic or something and you're shining your highbeams directly into his rearview there is no reason to ride without the highbeams!

I totally agree that this is a useless "feature"

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
jhilden said:
Unless you're behind a small civic or something and you're shining your highbeams directly into his rearview there is no reason to ride without the highbeams!

I totally agree that this is a useless "feature"
I also drive with them on all the time unless a situation like above is present, unless i am feeling like a dick :thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
if you flash your lights or keep high beam on in australia or sydney mainly,it's a good reason for a road rage incident. :headshake

·
Registered
997 Posts
XPointBlakeX said:
I also drive with them on all the time unless a situation like above is present, unless i am feeling like a dick :thumbup:
I do it even behind little civic...I'm dick. :D
With the flashing, like someone said before, not too many drivers know that when you flash your high beams, mean get out of my way. I'm european and I'm used to it. I'm going crazy, when there is somebody in front of me on a freeway in left lane and won't let me pass. The right lane is for drivers like that and not for me passing them. My .2

·
Registered
569 Posts
I drive a civic,, and shit i just flip up the mirror! It may be bright but i know that person wants to be noticed!! i know how it is,, i rode with mine on enless i was with another rider. those brights will blind the hel out of your fellow rider

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wish they would ticket for that more often... the LEFT LANE IS PASSING ONLY... or in high traffic when all of the lanes are packed anyway.. even on my bike I get out of the left lane when I'm not passing... even when well over the posted speed limit. it's common-fucking-courtesy.

I KNOW it would reduce accidents caused by people merging into one another if people ALWAYS/only passed on the left, but it's impossible with above mentioned scenarios so common... duhhh.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i wanna convert mine so that it'll shoot missles when triggered.....oh well i can dream.....haven't yuo guys seen Delta Force?? hahahah

actually i was REALLY thinking of a way to have this cut OFF the lights when activated...kinda like a stealth mode....hmmmm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.