Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
i have never had that model but i assume they are pretty much the same.
put the key in the lock just to the left of the main seat and turn while pulling up. if that does not work the wire could be off or broke. this sounded like a joke @ first.lol oh and that bubble thing is called a cowl.

do you have a seat for that yr of the bike?

·
Registered
552 Posts
LOL. There is a spot you put your key in to unlock it. Not sure where it is on that bike. Its usually on the left side I think thou. On my bike, if your looking at the bike from the left side, its kinda below and toward the rear. Just look for a key slot, then while turning the key you can lift your trunk cover off.

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
does anyone know how to remove the back seat cover? I have bubble looking thing on the back. I want to put the seat on. I tried pulling up but its not working?
Its kind of underneath the bike on the side where it starts to go under the seat.

·
Monster Truck Driver
6,530 Posts
its on the side you have pictured, underneath by the rear pegs .. (bubble thingy :laughingr )

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
I thought the double bubble thingy was the seat. I've been riding on it the whole time

Poor OP prolly thinks we're all a bunch of a hole now like on the other site... We're cool man they just dont let us out much and some of us didnt take our meds today... sorry.:infrandom

·
Registered
76 Posts
maybe it's just me, but it looks like the key hole is actually in the picture (on the near side, just up and to the left of the '600').

To take it off, turn the key and (while holding the key in the 'turned' position) lift up the seat cowl a.k.a. 'bubble thingy'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
maybe it's just me, but it looks like the key hole is actually in the picture (on the near side, just up and to the left of the '600').

To take it off, turn the key and (while holding the key in the 'turned' position) lift up the seat cowl a.k.a. 'bubble thingy'.
You would think so wouldn't you, but it's not. That hole your seeing is a bolt hole that helps hold the tail on.

SRAD's are funny creatures. You have to fold up the corners of the seat to get to the bolts to remove it.

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
You would think so wouldn't you, but it's not. That hole your seeing is a bolt hole that helps hold the tail on.

SRAD's are funny creatures. You have to fold up the corners of the seat to get to the bolts to remove it.
Seriously it took me like 20 minutes to figure that out when I bought my SRAD, lol. As soon as I found it I was like "oh thats Fing brilliant".

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Poor OP prolly thinks we're all a bunch of a hole now like on the other site... We're cool man they just dont let us out much and some of us didnt take our meds today... sorry.:infrandom
Haha, I was thinking the same thing.lol for the most part there are some real cool plp here with great advise. We are just hazing ya

I have taken my meds today this is how I am medicated. lol

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Save yourself the trouble and leave the cowl on! You'll regret having a backseat when your girl starts hitting you the first time you get on it. You're better off riding by yourself it's more fun that way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.