Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hesitant at first to go to a Patrick Stephens bike night because several of my friends said he was a douche bag. But a couple of friends and I went last Thursday to his weekly bike night, and were blown away. The custom bikes that show up are insane, and the people that are there are just awesome. I met Patrick myself and I have to say he is one of the coolest guys in the business. We meet at Cutie Pie's in Grapevine at 8PM, its right next to the huge Bass Pro Shop. At 11, everyone takes over the interstate and wreaks havoc. By far the most awesome bike night I've ever been to. Show up and ride!

When: Every Thursday night from 8-11
Where: Cutie Pies in Grapevine, next to Bass Pro Shop

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I was hesitant at first to go to a Patrick Stephens bike night because several of my friends said he was a douche bag. But a couple of friends and I went last Thursday to his weekly bike night, and were blown away. The custom bikes that show up are insane, and the people that are there are just awesome. I met Patrick myself and I have to say he is one of the coolest guys in the business. We meet at Cutie Pie's in Grapevine at 8PM, its right next to the huge Bass Pro Shop. At 11, everyone takes over the interstate and wreaks havoc. By far the most awesome bike night I've ever been to. Show up and ride!

You need to hit up high five cycles in Dallas first then we all ride out there.. Leslie the owner of high five has been on the speed channel for a female trying to break the speed record on a busa out on the salt flats she also is on two wheel tuner mag this month. Every Sunday from 3-6 they are out there stunting and ect… I have meet him several times and he has always took the time to sign something for my kids with no prob. Here are a couple pics… where u @ in Dallas? P.m me bro

·
Registered
441 Posts
Patrick is a super nice guy at the bike night events. I dont think Ive ever heard anyone say anything bad about him. People calling him a douche bag are probably haters or jealous ppl that dont know him. He is a cool guy.

As for the bike night though.....it is a douche carnival. Used to go to them all the time, stopped doing it. Not my thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Grapevine bike nite

I am intrested in this event, is it a ride to a bar and suck beer or is it a check out the bikes and BS place? Tired of the cruiser type croud that just seems to want to ride to a place to get a buzz, this GSXR gives me the buzz I need. I like looking at and watching bikes, and shootin the breeze with riders.

·
Registered
441 Posts
if you like to just look at bikes and see everyones LED lights and chrome, and other nonsense....this is the get together for you.

Watching bikes, watching showoffs on 50s, and shooting the breeze is what the meet is all about. Its damn near 99 % sportbikes too....so its probably right up your alley.

Me? I just dont give a crap to see what everyones bike has on it. Its all the same crap anyway...what else is new? Exhaust, PC, some have custom paint, some are stretched and lowered busas...etc. Some do go drink beer too....just depends on what you feel like doing. I personally dont drink and ride, so if I dont feel like drinking, I always ride....and use it as an excuse not to drink. hehe

cant hurt to check it out. If its not your thing.....no biggie...if you like it...great! They usually go on a huge group ride w/ bikes all around you....which i dont like. Dont like riding with people I dont know after leaving a bar in a big crowd a bikes if you catch my drift.

I am intrested in this event, is it a ride to a bar and suck beer or is it a check out the bikes and BS place? Tired of the cruiser type croud that just seems to want to ride to a place to get a buzz, this GSXR gives me the buzz I need. I like looking at and watching bikes, and shootin the breeze with riders.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
-

Ha ha, yes there is a good share of token douche bags walking around. But the meet itself is pretty dang neat, and Pat is a cool fella. I've realized that when people say bad things about him, its usually because they themselves stunt and have either injured themselves or their machines attempting to do some the stunts that Pat does. And Pat's girlfriend alone is reason enough to show up to the meet. JESUS.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been a couple times. Its okay until everybody takes off and starts wrecking on the damn highway... FEW WEEKS back is what im referring too. I like to shoot the shit and cruise but the cruise part turned into a wreck within 10 minutes of leaving. 2 bikes up front wrecked, EVERYBODY stacking the shoulder damn near getting drilled by cars trying to pass. SO, i dont know what to think really...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Never heard of this meet up,
but it sounds like a douche bag gathering. :infrandom

Maybe i'll go check it out one day... who knows.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Never heard of this meet up,
but it sounds like a douche bag gathering. :infrandom

Maybe i'll go check it out one day... who knows.
I mean its not too bad. There are some nice looking bikes. And definitely some young hotties that work at Cutie Pies. SO if anything THATS worth going to look at.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm going to be hitting it up tonight just to find some other people to ride with. Anyone else gonna go??

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I'm going to be hitting it up tonight just to find some other people to ride with. Anyone else gonna go??
man go to high five cycles on 635 and greenville most of them head over after that. i also dont like rididng with 200 + bikes and everyone trying to be out front. just asking for trouble..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went there last night and one of the stunters told me that the Grapevine Cops had showed up a week earlier and gave everyone tickets who had expired tags, insurance etc. Whatever they could ticket for they did.

That's illegal and Un-Constitutional! We have a RIGHT to Peacefully Assemble! Someone should start a petition to the Mayor of grapevine and the Grapevine police department; maybe even consult an attorney. There has to be probable cause for them to do something like that and only to a specific individual. Not the entire gathering. That's just Communist! We are losing more and more rights as time passes!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I went there last night and one of the stunters told me that the Grapevine Cops had showed up a week earlier and gave everyone tickets who had expired tags, insurance etc. Whatever they could ticket for they did.

That's illegal and Un-Constitutional! We have a RIGHT to Peacefully Assemble! Someone should start a petition to the Mayor of grapevine and the Grapevine police department; maybe even consult an attorney. There has to be probable cause for them to do something like that and only to a specific individual. Not the entire gathering. That's just Communist! We are losing more and more rights as time passes!

aparently you havent been through the suspicionless checkpoints in Arlington. They set up roadblocks at an intersection and random places and stop EVERYONE that drives through asking for ID and insurance.

A ticket for expired tags is not unconstitutional and you dont have to be operating the vehicle to get the ticket. Riders should just be responsible and renew your damn registration and tags, and inspection, and keep yourself completely legal, so you cannot be harassed by officers. ID'ing you and detaining you w/o wrongdoing against your will, and seizing your insurance documentation is however IMO illegal.

In my opinion if its private property like the lot at cutiepies, and you arent even on your bike, I would refuse to hand over ID. I would just walk away or ask if Im being detained or under what suspicion or wrongdoing I am being detained for. If you are not operating a motor vehicle, and you havent commited any crime, technically there is no reason or cause for an officer to detain you against your will and violate your fourth amendment right to unreasonable searches and seizures....and YES....your PAPERS and PERSONS are SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the constitution, so any rebuttal is futile and holds no merit.

on the otherhand, if you dont want to be treated like a douche by the police, then dont attend the squidfests on a weekly basis.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah man I was actually at the first bike night that all the cops showed up at. It all started because some kid thought he saw somebody riding his bike that had been stolen so he called the police. Two of them showed up at first, they checked what should have been the VIN number but it had been scratched off. But since it didn't read as the VIN of the bike that had been stolen, they didn't do a thing about it. WTF? So I guess they decided to take advantage of the situation and they called in another 15 units. They showed up and blocked all the entrances and exits to Cutie Pies except one, and they were pulling bikes over ALL NIGHT. The manager at Cuties Pies was pissed, Patrick was irate. Anyhow, Pat got Channel 8 news out to the spot last Thursday and interviewed the police on the subject of harassing sport bike riders. The story is set to air on Channel 8 for the DFW area on August 25 at 10PM. GET EM PAT!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.