Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...the idiot I speak of in my signature ripped me off. I paid him for a Devil header and he sent me a stock header that's beat to shit.

So, over and over I've complained to paypal. I've quoted paragraphs, sentences and such in emails to them, proving that they should refund my money...and I get the same canned response back each time:

"Our Buyer Complaint Policy does not apply to disputes about the quality or
attributes of delivered goods, nor does it apply to disputes about returned
merchandise. As a result, we cannot reverse the transaction or issue a
refund. We encourage you to continue to work with the seller for a mutual
resolution. "

So I guess that if I buy a Corvette and the seller sends me a Chevette, then I am screwed...because although I did get an item, it wasn't as he described it. I have asked this exact question on several occasions and paypal won't answer it. I did ask them once on the phone and the paypal guy says

"I didn't say that."
Me: "I know you didn't. I'm asking you, is that true?"
"Yes."

So there you have it folks...the wonderful Paypal Buyer Protection Plan in reality. It's only there to make you think you're protected, but the day you need it, they'll likely back out and make excuses.

All I can say is that this guy should never forget about me because one day I'll meet him in person.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
yes i no longer use pay pal due to something simular

·
Registered
122 Posts
bigjimbo said:
use amex. guarenteed up to 1000$
spot on dude 'i know it may not be the same thing but an airline went under and i had 4 tickets booked and amex refunded the money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Iv used PayPal for about a year now and had no hassel with it yet,may be im lucky,or it's just matter of time :headscrat

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
GixerJG said:
Iv used PayPal for about a year now and had no hassel with it yet,may be im lucky,or it's just matter of time :headscrat
It's a matter of time. I used paypal for probably 3-4 years before I had a problem. I know it was luck that got me that far. No matter how honest you are, if you keep buying over the net, you will eventually get ripped off. The fact is that nobody really wants to prosecute these crimes. I had this idot's phone number, mailing address, I know where he works, lives, and more...and still he ripped me off. I have emails proving it all...and it doesn't matter to paypal. He changed his phone number, maybe because I posted his info on the net and ke was getting a lot of calls from strangers telling him he was a thief.

I had another instance in which a guy sold me a PS2 and mailed me a bubble wrap envelope, with tracking info that he provided to paypal when he claimed he sent it. I had pics of the envelope and all...but paypal ended the investigation immediately when he gave them the tracking info. He then moved. I did get police to go to look for him but they didn't find him. Paypal did finally pay after a couple months and filing with the better business bureau...but now they claim that they shouldn't have since he did ship me an item. I guess it doesn't matter that a PS2 wont fit in an envelope, and all it contained was a note. Paypal says that paying that one time was done only as a courtesy to me, and will only be done one time.

0h, and for those that dont know, using paypal, you give them the right to charge your account in an amount which is equal to all amounts you have recieved...whether you have shipped an item to the buyer or not. Basically, if the buyer complains, paypal can take the money back from your BANK account and hold it for up to 180 days without even providing you an explanation. So in short, by using paypal, you're authorizing them to take money from your account without your consent!!!

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Yeah i don't trust pay pal any longer because they pretty much lie out their ass about their protection program..

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
why should paypal be responsible, find out where the dude lives and show up at his door

·
Registered
43 Posts
Gather some more people who had the same problem with Paypal and file an class act law suit.

I have been using paypal for 1 year now. But I opened a seperate bank account for it at an other bank, with no overdraft and I never keep more then 20 bucks in that account. But that only helps when I'm selling.
I always look at the sellers feedbackhow many and for how long they have been doing business. Got 100 % positive my self.

But that doesn't say anything about paypal wich is owned by Ebay

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Got2josh said:
why should paypal be responsible, find out where the dude lives and show up at his door
Because they have a Buyer protection program which is supposed to help you out if you don't get the item. Thats why, read up on paypal.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
They advertise that they offer a buyer and seller protection... But good luck trying to get them to honor it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
say there was no tracking number, or if it was over 250$ and there was no sig confirmatiuon then you can get your money back... seriously look into that

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bikerxl said:
Gather some more people who had the same problem with Paypal and file an class act law suit.
I don't have the weeks and months to spend trying to get them to pay me less than $300.
bikerxl said:
I have been using paypal for 1 year now. But I opened a seperate bank account for it at an other bank, with no overdraft and I never keep more then 20 bucks in that account. But that only helps when I'm selling.
Yeah, but when something does go bad, for example, if a buyer pays you and you ship an item without any tracking info. Lets say you pull money from the account and transfer it to your other one...then, buyer canif the buyer complains, they try to take money back and you get overdraft charges.
modper said:
say there was no tracking number, or if it was over 250$ and there was no sig confirmatiuon then you can get your money back... seriously look into that
The problem is that I was honest and told them the truth. Now I can't go back and tell them that he didn't ship me anything at all. I believed that they would back me up and there was no reason to lie... I now know different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts