Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought this power commander off a guy with a 07 750 and pre mapped it on my computer for my two bros. shorty. runs good, better power, but when i maximize acceleration to anywhere from 13k-16k rpm and shift, the bike takes a sec to get back into the gas even though i got the throttle twisted all the way, for about a whole second, but then it gets back into it. if i take it to 16k it does it worse making the red light blink and the F1 light comes on constantly doesnt show engine temp for the rest of the ride until i cut the bike completely off. F1 light is on all the time from the exhaust valve thing which is normal, but never see a flash. exhaust still pops like before the commander though isnt the PC supposed to eliminate that?:hmmm: im thinkin i had a bad connection at the TPS or somethin anyone else had problems like this? help would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
I just bought this power commander off a guy with a 07 750 and pre mapped it on my computer for my two bros. shorty. runs good, better power, but when i maximize acceleration to anywhere from 13k-16k rpm and shift, the bike takes a sec to get back into the gas even though i got the throttle twisted all the way, for about a whole second, but then it gets back into it. if i take it to 16k it does it worse making the red light blink and the F1 light comes on constantly doesnt show engine temp for the rest of the ride until i cut the bike completely off. F1 light is on all the time from the exhaust valve thing which is normal, but never see a flash. exhaust still pops like before the commander though isnt the PC supposed to eliminate that?:hmmm: im thinkin i had a bad connection at the TPS or somethin anyone else had problems like this? help would be much appreciated
Did you happen to check with dyno jet or the web site before buying or installing it to ensure it would work with your bike? If you go to web site and try to buy a PC for those 2 bikes the part number is different, only by 1 digit but still different. You might not have the propper PC for your bike buddy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
called DynoJet and they said the part # matched up and they sent me an update via email that they said should fix the problem said it was somethin with the duty cycle. thanks for the response man, Sounds like you got a bad bike I had a 05 1K red n black but had an accident, they are nasty though for sure:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Thanks man, yeah its a beast and I love every second of it. Hope that update works for ya, keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also make sure you calibrate the throttle when you first install it.
How do you do that exactly? i hook up the PC to my computer through my window ha n go to power commander tools and on the window the closed shows 8500 or so n in the middle (showing mine) its like 8000 is it supposed to match up to the low reading 8500? appreciate the help buddy thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man, yeah its a beast and I love every second of it. Hope that update works for ya, keep us posted!!!
hell yea i know where your comin from power wheelies at fuckin 80!! mine had a PCIII too still got it tryin to sell it and some other parts you know any buyers or need any parts? Update is workin great no more surging!! much smoother throughout the throttle and RPM range thanks for the help fellas and Jay Carpenter at DynoJet!!:bowdown:

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
hell yea i know where your comin from power wheelies at fuckin 80!! mine had a PCIII too still got it tryin to sell it and some other parts you know any buyers or need any parts? Update is workin great no more surging!! much smoother throughout the throttle and RPM range thanks for the help fellas and Jay Carpenter at DynoJet!!:bowdown:
Im the only one of my friends with this bike, sorry, and mine is yellow and black and I can only think of fairing type parts I need. PM me with whatcha got tho and Ill check it out.

·
Registered
894 Posts
How do you do that exactly? i hook up the PC to my computer through my window ha n go to power commander tools and on the window the closed shows 8500 or so n in the middle (showing mine) its like 8000 is it supposed to match up to the low reading 8500? appreciate the help buddy thanks
Hook it up to the 9v adapter. Turn key over to ON. (do not start the bike) Hook up your laptop and go up to Power Commander Tools then Set Throttle Position. (where you were looking at before)

I dont have it in front of me here cause its not plugged in but I think there is a reset button there. Reset it, then roll your throttle to wide open and it should store new values for closed and open. It may be similar to what you have in there, but this calibrates it correctly for your particular throttle.

I think the reset instructions are on the power commander website somewhere also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.