Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Penske 8987 Triple clicker for my 2006 Gixxer 750 I bought used on eBay. It didn't come with a manual. Two questions maybe someone can help me with:
1. Which adjusters are what (rebound, high speed compression, low speed compression)?
2. If I need raise the rear height to put more weight on the front and make it quicker steering, is one inch too much or not enough (at the shock shaft)? I have Superbike bars on it due to personal ergonomics and need the weight up front and quicker steering but don't want to wash out the front end in every turn.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Penske 8987 Triple clicker for my 2006 Gixxer 750 I bought used on eBay. It didn't come with a manual. Two questions maybe someone can help me with:
1. Which adjusters are what (rebound, high speed compression, low speed compression)?
2. If I need raise the rear height to put more weight on the front and make it quicker steering, is one inch too much or not enough (at the shock shaft)? I have Superbike bars on it due to personal ergonomics and need the weight up front and quicker steering but don't want to wash out the front end in every turn.

Thanks!
1. The red adjuster on the bottom is rebound. It should have a plus and minus sign to indicate stiffness. If not I'll look on mine and let you know which is which. There should be a black nut under a silver knurled adjuster on the reservoir. The black nut is high speed compression damping and the silver adjuster is low speed. Clockwise is stiffer and anti-clockwise is less stiff. Just fyi, the high speed refers to the shock's shaft speed, not your bikes. I.e. high speed damping is for bumps and low speed is for braking and acceleration, etc.

2. I think an inch at the shock is WAY too much. In fact I think the Penske's only let you adjust them like 10-15mm. Either way a 10mm longer shock should equal anywhere from 1" - 1-1/2" ride height adjustment depending on your bike. I don't know enough about the 2006's to say for sure.

I hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.