Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have layed my bike down and dont mind customizing it can anybody tell me what the first things I should look into putting on a stock 03 1000. Other than the custom paint and other cosmetics?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
cosmetics, depends on your budget, at least get the paint nice, maybe custon. Then polished frame, chrome swingarm, and from there you go get tons of stuff chromed, depends on your budget.

As for performance mods, again, how much you willing to spend. Start out with a pipe, preferably full system if you want to get some power out of it, then K&N air filter, power commander, TRE, maybe drop a tooth in the front if you want more low end, that's pretty much the basics. From there you can get engine work done, porting, polishing, boring it out, racing cams but it runs crappy down low.
Get some mags like super streetbike or something and look at the custom bikes and there and see what jumps out at you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gross pic beware!!!!

thanks man I'm trying to get some pics up now after the wreck its not bad at all just scratches. Made my mind up a lot easier. Guess I'll go with the custom paint job.

·
Registered
459 Posts
performance mods is all depending on what you want to do with it, ie stunt, drag race, road race, or the most common POSE. i'm more into dragin so my 04 1k is getting a 3-9" extended swing arm, air shifter, shift light, NX kit, adjustable lowering links, lowering strap, shinko tires, full gen 3 street system, PC3USB, a paint job, differnt undertail, flush mount signals, and mirror block off plates, the nice thing is if i want the wheelie and shit i just adjust the swing arm, down to 3" over and have fun cant wait to get it done, and damn nice hole in your leg :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Track day, period. Closed circuit if you want better performance in the canyons, drag strip if you wanna be a fast mofo in a straight line. Both will give you better results than anything mechanical :thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its my leg. Peg went all the way under and past the femur. Missed all the tendons and major shit.

·
Registered
543 Posts
as for cosmetics i'd say a set of shark skins painted to your favorite, a single sided swing arm conversion would be sweet but pricey and some carbon fiber rims would set it off if your looking to spend that kinda money. sliders, windscreen reverse gauges re-rap seats new color. also my buddy has the same bike and that bike looks ill with the graphics removed and replace the red gsxr emblem with a silver one, whatever you do post some pics so we can see a sweet end result. oh yeah also carbon rear hugger and front fender, the ducati headlamp conversion is hella sweet too, as for performane i'm sure you know what to order..good luck bro...Krum :thumbup: as for performance a slip on exhaust is fine youve allready got a pretty bad ass header unless you want a full system, BMC air filter, TRE, Power commander is great even w/out a full system, air shifters are sweet as hell, steel braided brake lines and maybe a 520 conversion or some sprocket changes, set of short stacks, maybe some new plugs. just throwing out ideas here. :arsenal

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
there are so many things you can do. just depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to use the bike for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.