Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find some . What should I use on my 2002 1k? I need more torque and hp . Where are the best places i should get this done? Can I do some of these things on my own. Lets pretend money is not an object.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
what kind of horsepower, cuz you could always NOS or turbo it. Internal parts, gsxrzone.com. It all depends on your mechanical ability.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I personally want a slipper clutch...schwing :bounce . I don't care for straight line speed, it does nothing for me, and anybody can twist a throttle. Check Gixxer.com in the high performance forum, I've seen some guys post up some sick stuff and they should know or steer you in the right direction.

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the info. i am not real big on the turbo power for a bike its real surgy :bounce . I want a more predictable power. i dont have a problem with doing wheelies now. I am a drag racer. And i just want a very sick fast bike! I want to crush the busas. I always hear about the ama racers bikes have 200+ hp . I want some of the parts that they have in there bikes. You never see a pro racer with turbo. I know you do have alot of turbo charged drag bikes but I was hoping to do everyhting else before i bolt a turbo on. Do the ama pilots bikes have cams? Big bore kits? I am just wondering what they do to there bikes to be pulling the front wheel at 180+mph.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
trixxergixxer said:
I appreciate the info. i am not real big on the turbo power for a bike its real surgy :bounce . I want a more predictable power. i dont have a problem with doing wheelies now. I am a drag racer. And i just want a very sick fast bike! I want to crush the busas. I always hear about the ama racers bikes have 200+ hp . I want some of the parts that they have in there bikes. You never see a pro racer with turbo. I know you do have alot of turbo charged drag bikes but I was hoping to do everyhting else before i bolt a turbo on. Do the ama pilots bikes have cams? Big bore kits? I am just wondering what they do to there bikes to be pulling the front wheel at 180+mph.
Yea, but you just said it yourself. You never see a pro AMA road racer with a turbo, but you see all these drag racers with turbos. Well do you want to have 200hp and have to rebuild your motor every month or so, or do you want a turbo which give you the power and a little more reliability.
These AMA racer bikes are made to last 1-2 races and then usually are rebuilt.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
skibum91 said:
Yea, but you just said it yourself. You never see a pro AMA road racer with a turbo, but you see all these drag racers with turbos. Well do you want to have 200hp and have to rebuild your motor every month or so, or do you want a turbo which give you the power and a little more reliability.
These AMA racer bikes are made to last 1-2 races and then usually are rebuilt.
I couldn't imagine how many engines the AMA guys have. I know a couple of my CMRA friends that have 1 bike with 3 engines...one in the bike, one as spare and ready to drop in, and one getting rebuilt. These guys will rotate the engines accordingly..like every couple/few races. And to think this is at club level racing. AMA has different classes as well, in the stock classes (600 &1000) they cannot touch the engine, just suspension, exhaust, and a couple of minor things but know cams, milled heads, etc. The 200hp AMA bikes have more money in their engines than most people paid for their cars. So good luck on trying to get a "sick" bike.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
your not gonna get a 600 doing anything to a busa or 1k liter bike so just trade it in or get one of those motors. Turbos or Nitorus is only thing that you can hope for
GSxR zone
Bore kit
supercharge will save you on the lagg as it will hit as soon as you hit the throttle. YOU REALLY NEED TO SELL THAT 600 or put BIGGER MOTOR IN

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
audi1031 said:
your not gonna get a 600 doing anything to a busa or 1k liter bike so just trade it in or get one of those motors. Turbos or Nitorus is only thing that you can hope for
GSxR zone
Bore kit
supercharge will save you on the lagg as it will hit as soon as you hit the throttle. YOU REALLY NEED TO SELL THAT 600 or put BIGGER MOTOR IN
He said in the first post he had an 02 1000

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard someone say "supercharge it" . Now we are talking where might one find one of those for a gsxr 1000 ? . I am not a fan of turbo lag and I dont like filling up my extra hp bottle all the time. I do really appreciate the info, and i had no clue the ama racers engines are so unreliable. You would think whith that kind of money the parts would actually last them atleast a season. I like the supercharged power because it is predictable. where on the bike could it spool it from? the only turning thing that I can think of on the outside of the bike is the chain?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Try to contact a person on here, I think their name was California Superbikes, something like that. They posted up that they do superchargers for bikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.