Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
trying to get suggestions for some performance mods , or other mods for my 06 gsxr 600.

I've got the basics like 520 conversion , High Flo Air filter, factory pro billet super flare V-stacks, Taylormade Slip-on, set valve removed, etc .. getting custom tune monday

I need some more suggestions, not insane mods, ones I can do. not just performance mods really open to any mod suggestions. The velocity stacks added smooth power but I need to smooth my throttle response out with a tune monday. The r6 throttle tube was a great mod really like it. Looking for other mods got about $650 I want to spend today or tomorrow on mods , kind of would like some more performance to make it compete with 750's

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also I was wondering whats the conversion weight to horsepower? I've heard people say like every 5 pounds off is like 1 horsepower more, or something like that. I forget what the ratio was. I am curious because I know my bike has at the least 20 pounds off of it from stock.

but mainly I need some mod ideas!

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Well first of all you only have a slip-on which is no power or almost no power (varies by manufacturer). Secondly, you are asking to make your bike run with 750's that are right at 123-125HP stock. Your 600 is going to maybe get 110-112HP with a really good tune. If you get anymore than that I would highly doubt the dyno you used as that would be reading a little optimistic. You need to get a baseline run first before the tune. Then you can see the gains. You should have actually done a dyno run completely stock, then with the slip-on, and then with the velocity stacks. You also say you want to spend about $650 to gain an additional 15HP. Well, that's not even close to being realistic...maybe about $2,500-$3,000 is realistic. Plus, you're going to have to go into the motor to do it. As for the ebay O2 mod, that's a good joke for the day. Another thing, are you wanting the power to compete with the bigger bikes on the straights or in the twisties? If you ride in the twisties or roads with combination or straights and twisties then there's no reason for your bike not to be able to keep up and outperform the bigger bikes. It just takes a rider with ability to make the bike faster.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Anyone know what the hell this is?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15HP...7279892QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Seems like a dangerous mod, but just curious on what people have to say about it.

Are there actual ECU's you can buy that are actually safe/helpful adds?
Do any GSXR's even come with an 02 sensor in the exhaust? If they did they would basicly tune their self and you wouldnt have to get it re-tuned everytime you changed something on the bike.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Well first of all you only have a slip-on which is no power or almost no power (varies by manufacturer). Secondly, you are asking to make your bike run with 750's that are right at 123-125HP stock. Your 600 is going to maybe get 110-112HP with a really good tune. If you get anymore than that I would highly doubt the dyno you used as that would be reading a little optimistic. You need to get a baseline run first before the tune. Then you can see the gains. You should have actually done a dyno run completely stock, then with the slip-on, and then with the velocity stacks. You also say you want to spend about $650 to gain an additional 15HP. Well, that's not even close to being realistic...maybe about $2,500-$3,000 is realistic. Plus, you're going to have to go into the motor to do it. As for the ebay O2 mod, that's a good joke for the day. Another thing, are you wanting the power to compete with the bigger bikes on the straights or in the twisties? If you ride in the twisties or roads with combination or straights and twisties then there's no reason for your bike not to be able to keep up and outperform the bigger bikes. It just takes a rider with ability to make the bike faster.
+1 AGREED :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
The absolute best performance mod is to fix the nut between the clipons and the seat. Advanced training is worth more than 50 horsepower. Just ask the guys on literbikes that I pass with my 600 at the track.

In addition to the baseline/stock dyno run you should have gotten the bike weighed on a certified scale to see how much weight it really has lost. I admit I am generally pessimistic about claims on a forum, but 20 pounds is still a lot to lose on a street-legal bike.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The absolute best performance mod is to fix the nut between the clipons and the seat. Advanced training is worth more than 50 horsepower. Just ask the guys on literbikes that I pass with my 600 at the track.

In addition to the baseline/stock dyno run you should have gotten the bike weighed on a certified scale to see how much weight it really has lost. I admit I am generally pessimistic about claims on a forum, but 20 pounds is still a lot to lose on a street-legal bike.
+1

There's no mod in the world that substitutes for a better driver. It's less expensive too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
most economical thing to do is a 750 swap :hmmm:
+1
I had 111hp in my 600 before I decided to go with power adders (nitrous)

I did a 750 swap over the winter and it cost me about 1000$. Was very easy to do and most of your mods will swap over to give you a tuned 750 out of the deal.

If you want to rip the motor apart instead, im selling some sweet 636 pistons. Retail 800, ill let em go for 300.

·
Registered
971 Posts
TRANCED, do you not realize how stupid you sound when you start these threads? why don't you spend your time searching through tech and performance posts? do you not think a 3 year old bike has been covered in every aspect? UGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hammer:

·
Registered
180 Posts
o yeah i forgot get stickers :rofl:
Carbon fiber works the same right? each ounce of CF is 1 horsepower gained right? So by my math, he should already be pushing 400 horsepower right? :laughingr

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I say screw motor mods. Who really gives a crap if you can hang with 750's or 1000s. If you want straight line performance, put on a turbo but be prepared for it to dump your ass when you grab too much coming out of a corner.

Spend the money on track time and getting your suspension setup. I would rather have a bike that handles well than goes fast anyday.

Not riding the bike like it was designed for is a crime.

·
Registered
326 Posts
This wasn't mentioned. But if you can actually ride, do suspension. I doubt your gonna take that thing on the track, considering how much you've done with the fairings. And no matter how good a rider says he is, there is always room for improvement like head turns, throttle control, knowing which line would be better for any givin situation, body positioning and list goes on... And judging from all the post's, you da man, imo has givin the best advice.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
This wasn't mentioned. But if you can actually ride, do suspension. I doubt your gonna take that thing on the track, considering how much you've done with the fairings. And no matter how good a rider says he is, there is always room for improvement like head turns, throttle control, knowing which line would be better for any givin situation, body positioning and list goes on... And judging from all the post's, you da man, imo has givin the best advice.
+1

I did the advanced course from the MSF guy a couple years back and that sound much like what we were learning there. I just forgot most of it, but common sense can make you a better rider as well.

·
Registered
608 Posts
it will be cheaper just to sell your bike & purchase a bigger bike or sell your motor & do the 750 swap than rather spendin a couple of grand inside your 600 motor

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.