Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and a friend of mine that ride found out that he has chord showing on his rear tire. i told him he can give me 100 bucks for mine and ill buy a new one. my tire now is a BT021, not so good for draggin which is what my bike is mainly used for, other thanh to ride around town a couple days a week.

my question is what is a happy medium tire i could order tommorrow? i was thinkin pirelli? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Use your search function. There are hundreds of threads regarding tires. I know the search function sucks but with tire questions you will find at least 10 threads that answer your questions. Pilot Road.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked through a few and they didnt give me the answers i was looking for. i wanted some feeback from people who have tried different tires. what works what doesnt. and maybe if any new tires have come out that offer more benefit for my application.

im thinking of getting a pirelli corsa 3. good choice or is that a no no?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree Shinko is good!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I have heard some great reports about the new Michelin Power One for drag racing, although I can't say I have done much 1/4 stuff, just a few times at a test a tune night.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shinko's are good if your short and dont have alot of power they hook up great. even on 64inch they work good
right now im sitting at +8in, im not sure what the stock measurement is...

and as far as a shinko goes i get caught in summer showers every once in a while here in SE texas and idk if i would want to ride a shinko in the rain or on a wet road, not with my luck anyways.

·
Registered
502 Posts

and as far as a shinko goes i get caught in summer showers every once in a while here in SE texas and idk if i would want to ride a shinko in the rain or on a wet road, not with my luck anyways.
get the Michelin Power One then if your that long.
www.richiestires.com is where I get mine but you can also get em from SuperBike toy store thats where I get my 1st 1 which im still using LOL

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the shop i went to didnt have a michilen one so i ended up with a corsa 3. its not a bad tire. sticks wayy better than the 21 i had so im taking a step in the right direction haha

·
Registered
287 Posts

Hey Gix,

just an fyi. The Shinkos are fine in the rain. Thats what the tread patterns are for on the tires. And to be technical the Michelin PR1's tread pattern is damn near identicle to the shinkos. The tread pattern pushes the water aside for the tire surface. Its the slicks you have to watch out for.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the shinko's i was refering to are the ones that have the little lines on em every so often. i think of those when i hear shinko cause everyone in town runs that certain shinko. i know shinkos make other tread patterns but that particular one comes to mind first:lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry i already got a pirelli installed. if ida known you were selling we could have worked something out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.