Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can I get anyone to give me some pics/ideas of where to put my license plate on my bike besides under the tail. I cant go undertail because I have the undertail kit with signals and if I do that the turn signals will be covered by the plate. I have seen the ones on the rear axle but I am also trying to do this in a cheap way but something that isn't half ass. Any ideas are appreciated and pictures would be even better....

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used the holes that my rear hugger was already using and did it just like this. It may not be exactly legal, but I have already been pulled over for speeding and nothing was said about it. It would probably be smart of me to put a light on it though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Same way here in texas trance, if the whole plate is not visable/readable from 30ft behind you they hit you with a $500 fine here. The one I linked earlier is one of the ones I know you can see from that far away.

·
Registered
38 Posts
On my 05 I took off my rear fender and mounted my plate flat to the bottom of my tail using the existing holes.. Be careful mounting plates I remember seeing a link about a zx6er that drilled right thro his ECU lol

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yea, be careful in Florida. If your plate is not mounted horizontal and at the rear of the bike, you can get pulled over and get 6 years in prison and a $10,000,000 fine. Speeding 50 mph over the limit can bring life in prison, and if you get paroled, get caught a second time 50 over, it's the death penalty.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yea, be careful in Florida. If your plate is not mounted horizontal and at the rear of the bike, you can get pulled over and get 6 years in prison and a $10,000,000 fine. Speeding 50 mph over the limit can bring life in prison, and if you get paroled, get caught a second time 50 over, it's the death penalty.
I've heard that they castrate someone for driving 15 under the limit. I guess they had no use for their balls anyhow huh?!:bounce

·
Registered
180 Posts
LOL!

Here in texas the plate has to be mounted behind the axle in the rear wheel :shifty

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
florida is dead to me, i mounted a cabinet hinge to my undertail and attached my plate so i can have it on any angle i want and i can flip it so it wont be visable
That's why they cracked down....too many people flipping plates. Also has to be perm mounted not able to be flipped.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have an 05 750 with a hot bodies under tail with integrated singals.

My plate fits just fine in between the 2 signals. The previous owner simply drilled two holes under the tail... and attached the pate with two L brackets. Clean and simple.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.