1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Rules made by people that obviously know nothing about motorcycles. The kind of people that look at a sportbike and think "deathtrap".

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be pretty sweet. Do they have a supermoto class? That could be cool with how tight a lot of the corners are.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,702 Posts
That would be pretty sweet. Do they have a supermoto class? That could be cool with how tight a lot of the corners are.
Yep, have friends who competed last year.

On a separate note, if you haven't heard sound clips of Guy Martin's turbo GSX-R1100, drop whatever you're doing and go find them NOW.

·
rotaredom
888,895,580 Posts
Its because Pikes Peak is an endangered mountain, its the only Pikes Peak left. And sportbikes upset its Eco-system...jeeeezuz.... Heartless pricks.

·
rotaredom
888,895,580 Posts
Nice, have a race and don't allow things that were made to go fast. Next we will eliminate timing the runs having a winner & just give everyone a trophy...don't want anyone to try too hard and hurt themselves.
president of the teachers union :0001136745-facepalm

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
SuperMod of the North
25,232 Posts
president of the teachers union :0001136745-facepalm
Exactly. Pussification has reached the top. We need a good blood sport to save society.

Next thing you know F1 cars will be allowed unlimited horsepower but must average 50mpg...don't want to kill the world ya know.

I'm off to stoke my furnace with baby seals.

·
Premium Member
8,567 Posts
I believe the article did talk about eliminating motorcycles from the competition due to liability/insurance concerns.

Possibly there has been some problems with the fatality last year.

I'm also guessing the one piece handle bar rule was a compromise to keep the lawyers happy enough, sort of like the the "assault rifle ban".

The knowledgeable people wonder why and the clueless are pacified because they "did something". As I heard recently, it is becoming a world where intentions count more then results.

I believe I also read somewhere that they will carefully judge each entry so there may other subjective reasons they could use to deny an entrant.

I think almost every manufacture is building naked liter bikes so I don't know why this would be problem. Of course, it might be more expensive to run.

·
Premium Member
8,567 Posts
whats the worst that could happen falling off a fourteen thousand foot mountain? heh
I think that was defined by the poor SOB that finished the race in one piece then runs into rocks in the parking lot and kills himself.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
It's just stupid that I can take a GSXS up the mountain, but not a GSXR. Mindboggling coming from a so called race crowd.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am going to guess this has to do with the fact that Ducati has been one of the only factory sponsors of bikes that has fielded a team at PP in recent years and they didn't want to compete against superbikes with a Multistrada so they put some pressure on the rule makers. Not unheard of in racing but still a bit of a dick move, and this is coming from a guy with a MTS1200 that has ridden it up Pikes Peak.

I would definitely say that this would lend an advantage to anyone wanting to build a new Tuono 1100 RF (which are crazy bada$$ BTW). Or you might see a few weird bikes like a ZX10 with handlebars adapted to fit within the rules.
Pablo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts