Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride for fun on the street, usually finding twisties and just running thru them over and over..

so what would you suggest? I know the 2ct are probably best but if they are going to wear real fast I'd rather get something a little more durable

·
Registered
40 Posts
I roll the pilot powers. The rear is getting replaced this weekend I got about 5500 miles out of it. I could probaly squeeze another 500 out of it but the money isnt that tight.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Havn't you already posted a thread on this?

ya but the cheapest price that was posted is what im using now, $320 for a set - doesnt seem very cheap to me, hoping maybe people can post up some better sites...

also now that im getting close to ordering them I just want to see if its worth losing the durability from pilot road's to pilot powers, or if its not worth it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The Pilot Road 2 are probably the best choice to give you good grip and good milage. They will last longer then the Pilot Power tires. The Power 2CT have softer edges, but will last the same as the regular power on the street. The 2CT is meant to handle a track day once in a while. No real need for them on the street

·
Registered
25 Posts
$320 doesnt seem bad.
Cheapest i found the 2ct for rear 180/55 was $179 and i started the order this morning but the website was acting up.
Then called a local shop and they had it for 275 and said they didnt mount unless i bought it there. So i called around and found two shops for 174 but the first was out of stock.
Going in the morning to get it mounted.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
I'm using the Bridgestone BT-021, equivalent to the Pilot Road 2 right now on the back. I have about 9,000 miles on it of almost nothing but commuting 70 miles per day on the interstate. I also have a few "spirited" rides on it which have shown that they have plenty of grip for knee-down antics if you have the skill for it. I still have about half tread life left on it, so I should easily hit 15,000 miles on it, maybe even 20,000.

Everything I have read says that the Pilot Road 2 is even better than the BT-021 in terms of grip and longevity.

·
Registered
207 Posts
actually its between "Pilot Power" and "Pilot Power 2ct's"

Do they wear the same? Same durability?
If you're going street, go for the 2CT. They are not for track though; many track riders say the edges are too soft on the 2CTs and ball up too quickly. But they work awesome for street use.

If you're going track, get the regular PPs.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I'm using the Bridgestone BT-021, equivalent to the Pilot Road 2 right now on the back. I have about 9,000 miles on it of almost nothing but commuting 70 miles per day on the interstate. I also have a few "spirited" rides on it which have shown that they have plenty of grip for knee-down antics if you have the skill for it. I still have about half tread life left on it, so I should easily hit 15,000 miles on it, maybe even 20,000.

Everything I have read says that the Pilot Road 2 is even better than the BT-021 in terms of grip and longevity.
yep i was told without burn out ect... i should get 10,xxx-15,xxx out of the back pretty easy. i have well over 3,xxx on the back and it looks like it was put on yesterday.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm at a little over 3,000 on my Pilot Powers and they still have plenty of tread left on them. They warm up fairly fast and have excellent grip. From the wear on them now, I expect to get at least 5k out of them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.