Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know. I have Corsa III's right now, but that is all the experience I have with Pirelli. There are so many types. There is a good deal going on at $200 for a full set but Im not sure what the rep is on the track. I know they are a lower end Diablo tire. Is it more of a street tire?

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
It is more of a street tire, but it can handle a trackday too. Unless you're at the top of the Intermediate Group, the Diablos will work just fine.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Did you know that the Diablo Corsa III is the spec tire for 600cc class in Europe? It's that good of a tire. I would not hesitate to use it on the track...if I were that slow :infrandom. J/K, it can handle even race pace.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you know that the Diablo Corsa III is the spec tire for 600cc class in Europe? It's that good of a tire. I would not hesitate to use it on the track...if I were that slow :infrandom. J/K, it can handle even race pace.
I think you missed me. I re read my post and it might sound like Im not sure about III's. Hell yea they are a good tire, but more expensive, although I did just find a 120/180 set for $310 thats if I can pick them up at the track. I was wondering about those "other" Diablo's

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
I think you missed me. I re read my post and it might sound like Im not sure about III's. Hell yea they are a good tire, but more expensive, although I did just find a 120/180 set for $310 thats if I can pick them up at the track. I was wondering about those "other" Diablo's
Do you have tire warmers? If so, for an extra $25 bucks you're in the range of good DOT race tires will more grip and confidence. The Diablo Supercorsa is a much better tire than the III's are. The III's aren't even in the same class and the Diablo Supercorsas need tire warmers to last and make them worth it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Really the world supersport class uses the DCIII? I thought they ran the supercorsas? So i'm assuming they dont use tire warmers then? that's interesting to know.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Do you have tire warmers? If so, for an extra $25 bucks you're in the range of good DOT race tires will more grip and confidence. The Diablo Supercorsa is a much better tire than the III's are. The III's aren't even in the same class and the Diablo Supercorsas need tire warmers to last and make them worth it.
Also how long will a race dot like supercorsas last compared to a street/tracktire such as DCIII if used mainly in the track?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Also how long will a race dot like supercorsas last compared to a street/tracktire such as DCIII if used mainly in the track?
Depends on the rider, track surface, compound, suspension, tire pressure, and ambient air temperature

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.