Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Today, I was in my sub-division about to make a left turn into my driveway when I slipped on gravel and laid my bike down scratching up the left side of my bike. My YOSHIMURA frame slider snapped off and caused my shifter knob to snap off as well.

I'm pissed that the one thing that was suppose to protect my frame ended up snapping off and causing a lot of damage to my bike.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Damn. Sucks dude.

·
Registered
344 Posts
damn, id be pissed too. and id also be emailing yoshimura, and tell them exactly how much i appreciate there product failing to do what it was designed to do and the damage it caused...
+1001

let them know that you have posted it on forums. You would think a company with there reputation would make quality products..

on the bright side ur okay and time for some shorty levers

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your frame sliders aren't there to protect your plastics or levers. They're there to keep your frame from cracking in a moderately fast wreck by absorbing some of the energy as they give, and they're a 50/50 bet at best.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the comments...

I'm thinking about replacing my sliders with racing railz now. Do you think that would be a good move for better overall protection, even though I don't stunt?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'd get rails. I would be replacing my sliders if I didn't spend $150 on no cut sliders. They don't look all that bad and hell of alot of protection (rails) but whatever. Also get extended rear "spool" sliders.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Everyone has their own opinion but I think bikes with race railz look like complete pieces of shit, let me put this big ass piece of pipe and just stick it on the side of my bike, it gets away from the aerodynamics and complete look of the bike. I vote no on race rails, replace the plastics, replace your sliders (your frame is intact so they did the job) and get back on her.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm still undecided on whether to replace the sliders or go with the rails, but i do plan on putting a few upgrades to protect anything else from further damage. I'm going to forgo the paint job for now & just replace the left fairing since that's where the most damage is.

1. Left fairing
2. case cover
3. swingarm spools

Just to name a few... Thanks for the all of the input.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone know of a website with OEM or after market shifters?

·
Registered
131 Posts
with the race railz, you still need to install them correctly for them to be effective.
make sure you protect your frame from the rails with those rubber pieces. when i got those they only came with 2 pieces of rubber, which was not enough. get some heater hose tubing if they dont provide enough rubber spacers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you want after market shifters and or levers i would go with pazzo racing levers. as for the shifters goto cyclepirates.com should be able to find what your looking for. hope this helps and it sucks that happened. with the race rails they do offer a bit more pertection but also add weight, and take away from the areodynamics! they also cause more damage in a wreck vs frame sliders. i wouldnt get race rails

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.