Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone......

seems my 99 gsxr600 is laggin and my friend rode it today and he thinks that one of piston might not be working.................how can i tell.........if one of the cylinders is not firing...........

help thanks

ant

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Start the bike up and feel the head pipes, if one is a lot cooler than the others then its not firing. Be very careful when doing this because you can burn your hands, but its a really easy way to figure it out.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
skibum91 said:
Start the bike up and feel the head pipes, if one is a lot cooler than the others then its not firing. Be very careful when doing this because you can burn your hands, but its a really easy way to figure it out.
Yeah, it is an easy way to narrow down the bad cylinder. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You can also check your plugs. If it is not firing AT ALL one of the plugs will be wet. If it is only missing at low RPM's you can start the bike and check the headers like they said. I use a squirt bottle of water, an squirt the headers until they sizzle, the one that doesnt sizzle is the bad one :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
You can also check your plugs. If it is not firing AT ALL one of the plugs will be wet. If it is only missing at low RPM's you can start the bike and check the headers like they said. I use a squirt bottle of water, an squirt the headers until they sizzle, the one that doesnt sizzle is the bad one :thumbup:
true it is much safer that way

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
gixerfast said:
true it is much safer that way
safer, smafer, just touch it, if it burns your ass then its working! :laughingr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts