Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There, I´m new in this place, Let me introduce my bike, 2003 Gsxr600 - Silver - no mods - Just a Slip On - (I think 100 Db at least) U know Sound Saves Lives.

I´m planning a long trip From Guatemala to San Diego and then Oregon

any advise.............

Cheers,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
You were not kidding when you said a long tip... Well as a residence of san diego and orange county I would be happy to show around point out places of interest cruz with in oc.....

As far as crossing that international boarder make sure all your documents are in order and valid they are hard asses since 9-11...

BTW ummmm where will you put your change of clothes and clean underware and such?

Sorry I'm such a girl about those things...

Do you mind if I ask why you are making suck a long trip on a bike...or are you flying?

·
Registered
600 Posts
good luck on that long trip i was cramping up just doing an 1.5hr ride north and back. lotta superman'n on the bike to stretch

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long Ride.........

He he he,,,,, sometimes you have the need to do something U really wanted, so right now I'm preparing to do that. endurance... ja ja ja

ride safe......

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Lite-

Which Documents do they ask for.....
Bike Title.
Passport
American Visa
Credit Card ............... ja ja ja....... :)

any advise

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I like to sit on the gas tank to let my legs stretch that way you can keep moving.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 full month

4 days to cross mexico
22 days in CA and OR
4 days to cross mexico again

2 months to learn how to stand on my own feets again ....... ja ja ja
:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lockhard phillips

they are selling a adjustable rearsets or rotary rearsets, well the fact is with them U can lower your footpegs 1 inch, I think will help with the cramping legs...

thanks for the advise about sitting on the tank, never cross my mind, I will try it.....

:)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
if you lower the pegs at all, just watch out for ground clearance, don't wanna scrape the pegs in the corners.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i just kick my legs up on the back pegs then off the tail of the bike...like laying on your belly in bed....still capable of doing 100+mph just dont wiggle too much

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Yea, I 've seen those before, never experienced them myself, but they look pretty decent.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
GixxerG said:
Which Documents do they ask for.....
Bike Title.
Passport
American Visa
Credit Card ............... ja ja ja....... :)

any advise
hahaha yes seriously
Bike regististration
Proof of insurance (very important in california)
Passport and travel visa (also very important if you are not a citizen)
You will get drilled the purpose of your visit and what you are bringing into the country they may search the bike...

And you should bring credit cards or travlers check its not safe to be riding with a lot of cash and becareful on those jacked up roads in tj man I can barely take any of my cars down there...I'm about 5 minutes tops from mexico when I am home in san diego...

I would also suggest to cross the boarder as early as possible 6 to 9am ish
After and after clubs let out it is packed with idiots and drunks...
Your most likely have to cross in san yosidro because otay close at 10 and tecate close at 12 I believe

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks U all

Thanks U all for the advices, right now checking my insurance company about international coverage......

also thinking about stick some IRON TIRES Ja ja jaja ja...........
forget about your Pirelli Diablo Corsa ....... non sticky just high mileage tires please ja ja ja

ride safe........ :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts