Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated I am hoping one of you guys might have come across the same problem. I laid my bike down a few weeks ago, not to hard but enough to do some damage. First I replaced the steering stem and the triple clamp assembly. As you can see from the pics the front wheel appears to be pushed in more towards the back wheel. You can also tell the plastics are bowed out some, if I force them in the front plastic pushes on the back wheel. My friends and I have been going crazy trying to figure out what is going on. The only thing I can picture is that the steering yoke is bent but that it is one inch thick cast iron, and the steering stem is soft aluminum and would have blown apart before that bent. If you have any suggestions please let me know

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Buddy you have bent forks and you will have to buy somemore.
Goto Ebay for some

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
tazman132 said:
If anyone has some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated I am hoping one of you guys might have come across the same problem. I laid my bike down a few weeks ago, not to hard but enough to do some damage. First I replaced the steering stem and the triple clamp assembly. As you can see from the pics the front wheel appears to be pushed in more towards the back wheel. You can also tell the plastics are bowed out some, if I force them in the front plastic pushes on the back wheel. My friends and I have been going crazy trying to figure out what is going on. The only thing I can picture is that the steering yoke is bent but that it is one inch thick cast iron, and the steering stem is soft aluminum and would have blown apart before that bent. If you have any suggestions please let me know
For the plastics I think you probally bent your fairing stays or something like that. Try putting on some of your buddys plastics on yours and see if you have the same problem if you do its probally the fairing stays.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
tazman132 said:
bent but that it is one inch thick cast iron, and the steering stem is soft aluminum and would have blown apart before that bent.
The steering head is aluminum too, and its not the head that will bend its the frame behind it. Either your forks are bent or your frame is. One of the two or maybe even both are screwed.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Forks you can buy used or new... Frame I would have it straightened to buy a new frame for a newer bike would cost a lot I think

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you would have to slam pretty hard for the frame to bend, i dont think it hit to bad. i have seen a few crashes and heard of many more not to often do you hear of frames bending, and most time when you hear of the frame bending the person hit something besides the ground

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
tazman132 said:
you would have to slam pretty hard for the frame to bend, i dont think it hit to bad. i have seen a few crashes and heard of many more not to often do you hear of frames bending, and most time when you hear of the frame bending the person hit something besides the ground
Not true, I have seen many wrecks, and not that many of them had frames bend, but its a possibility, if your wheel moved that much then its a good possibility its the frame and the forks. I've seen frames bent on GSXR 1000's and R6's before. It doesn't take a lot of force, just the right placement of that force.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ask around at local bike shops and see who has a machine to straighten frames.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Snakes600 said:
Ask around at local bike shops and see who has a machine to straighten frames.
Most places don't have equipment like that. The only place I know of that straightens frames is CMD Computrack.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I got forks upper and lower tripple with or without wheel
With wheel 450 plus shipping
without wheel 250 plus shipping
Or about to put it up on ebay (sorry frame was the 1st thing to go)
tank plastics and keys

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found a place here that services all makes and they say they have the only machine around (Eastern WA) to straighten frames.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to be 100 percent honest if the frame is bent i will have the bike totaled i have full coverage on the bike, but i fugured i would try fixin it before i made a claim. i am sure all you guys know you got to save the insurance claims for the good wrecks.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Well you are right about saving for a good wreck and try to buy back your bike and post parts up here

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If you already replaced the tripple clamps, you more than likely would have noticed bent forks at that time, being as with them bent it is a pain the ass to get them into the tripples again.

You my friend have a bent frame..... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts